Why are we still discussing this??

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Wow. I doubt you would feel it was a dead horse iff one of the 17 kids had been yours.

Yet you sympathize with the head of the NRA for feeling threatened.

How can you be so callous ?

You're a real ####ing piece of work, you are...

glhs837

Power with Control
This is my country every bit as it is yours. Just because you would rather kids slaughtered then give up an unnecessary toy doesn’t make you a patriot.

No, wanting to preserve our Second Amendment rights does.

Keep up chump.

We are taking about high capacity assault rifles.

Ah, so now we need to define terms. An assault rifle, unlike and assault weapon, is a real thing that exists, and that not a lot of people own, and have been involved in I think exactly no mass shootings. I think you mean the invented class of assault weapons, which you, IIRC, define as any weapon capable of firing more than 10 rounds before needing reloading. Which of course is virtually every single firearm that isn't a revolver or bolt action rifle or breech loader shotgun.

So, lets be clear, thats your going in position, that we need to ban all firearms except those three types listed above. Correct?

Have you ever heard of an amendment? Do you know how many times we have amended it to make it more clear or update it?

Now your talking. Go ahead and amend it. We'll just wait right over here. And if you think that you can get enough votes for that, I have a bridge to sell you. Goes from St Marys to Calvert. See, unlike Australia, where even though the national govt didnt have the authority to regulate firearms, they only had to corral six states into setting those regs. If you think it's gonna happen because some teens laid down in front of the White House, good luck.

glhs837

Power with Control
The world didn’t stop, you are just being INCONVENIENCED by someone else’s greif and you can’t quit bitching about it

Ah, no we are being inconvenienced by people callously using other peoples grief to forward a a political agenda.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Ah, no we are being inconvenienced by people callously using other peoples grief to forward a a political agenda.

Correctamundo!

And, not to mention, threatening violence while forwarding that political agenda. Hypocrisy is a curious thing.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
This is my country every bit as it is yours. Just because you would rather kids slaughtered then give up an unnecessary toy doesn’t make you a patriot.

Someone that is sound and myself giving up any firearms will not change what someone with mental health problems does..

mitzi

At what point does President Trump tell these whiner teenagers to shut up and go clean their room?

When my daughter was a teen, she'd want to do something ridiculous - co-ed slumber parties springs to mind. :rolleyes: She asked; I said no. She wheedled; I said no. She whined; I said, "The answer is no. If you say one more word about it, you are not only not going to the party at all, but you will be grounded flat for the next two weeks."

At some point enough is enough. Nothing new is being said. The teens and their leftist controllers have already presented their case. Now they're just being whiny pains in the ass and it's time to shut them down. This has taken over every single news report for over a week now and it needs to stop. The longer you let teenagers wallow in their angst, the angstier they get. Time to redirect them and break the cycle of their tantrum.

They don't want to discuss; they want to yell and be ugly little bullies. That was pretty much proven at the CNN thing yesterday - the way they behaved was absurd and the ones screaming "Murderer!" should have been removed. That sort of behavior adds precisely nothing to to discussion; it's just childish acting out and it needs to stop. No, children, you can't have your way. Now go hold your breath or something until you pass out and calm down.

Color me over it. :slam:

Seriously? Whining teenagers? They're classmates and teachers were mowed down. Were Sandy Hooks' parents whiners because their 1st graders were murdered? Why did you watch it yesterday? There was a lot more on TV last night. I don't agree with everything they're saying, but I do have empathy for them. They have experienced a fear and tragedy we can't even imagine. If they're acting childish, they must have learned how to from the Presidential debates. Also, I am NOT for banning firearms.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I think what people don’t understand is if there is a partial, or complete gun ban, things would get worse. Use your brains y’all. Thanks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We are taking about high capacity assault rifles.

Like This ONE .....

mini.jpg

Have you ever heard of an amendment? Do you know how many times we have amended it to make it more clear or update it?

Go For IT .... Hold A Constitutional Convention to Over Turn the 2nd Amendment

let me know how that works out for you ...

Now your talking. Go ahead and amend it. We'll just wait right over here.

:yay:

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

That's avoiding the question, what does the Constitution mean as far as the country? To me it defines the country. We've said that these enumerated things are sacrosanct and cannot be removed by the government. Yes we've allowed the judiciary to bash it about a bit around the edges, but the cores are still there.

There has been exactly 1 correction to the Constitution when an activist generated amendment, the eighteenth, was cancelled by the twenty first. It has never been amended for clarity.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Wow. I doubt you would feel it was a dead horse iff one of the 17 kids had been yours.

Yet you sympathize with the head of the NRA for feeling threatened.

How can you be so callous ?

Not a single person here believes that you feel so offended as to need to say this. You'd kick a puppy if you thought it would make Trump look bad.

Midnightrider

BS, everyone of the teens that are parading around are victims. They did not appropriate anyone’s greif, they earned their own when they were shot at and lost friends and family.

Hijinx

BS, everyone of the teens that are parading around are victims. They did not appropriate anyone’s greif, they earned their own when they were shot at and lost friends and family.

I don't believe he was talking about or referring to the kids parading around in grief.
I believe he was speaking of the media, the celebrities, the gun banners, the politicians who are callously using the shooting to push forward their anti-gun agenda.

Certainly the children have every right to show their grief.Remember they are children and think like children.

Midnightrider

I don't believe he was talking about or referring to the kids parading around in grief.
I believe he was speaking of the media, the celebrities, the gun banners, the politicians who are callously using the shooting to push forward their anti-gun agenda.

Certainly the children have every right to show their grief.Remember they are children and think like children.

The media, even fox, is reporting. The kids are the ones using the media to get their message out. We might not like their message, but they aren’t acting like children. They are acting like tech savvy adults.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The media, even fox, is reporting.

so this makes the use and manipulation of Children OK

The kids are the ones using the media to get their message out. We might not like their message, but they aren’t acting like children. They are acting like tech savvy adults.

:bs:

IMHO - just another group in a long line of useful idiots to used to drive and Agenda and discarded by the Progressives ... say have have you heard From Cindy S lately :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The world didn’t stop, you are just being INCONVENIENCED by someone else’s greif and you can’t quit bitching about it

Many people lost a loved one in the last week and I don't notice we're talking about them 24/7. That cop who was killed up in PG - why isn't he important enough to warrant some news coverage? He had family and friends too, you know.

I also don't notice you feeling *everyone's* grief - just the grief the media manipulators tell you to feel. So really, spare me your selective empathy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The media, even fox, is reporting. The kids are the ones using the media to get their message out. We might not like their message, but they aren’t acting like children. They are acting like tech savvy adults.

Stop it. They're being exploited and used, and you know it. If they didn't have the Left media coaching and encouraging them, they be setting up roadside memorials and nobody would know a thing about it.