Why are you a Redskins/Ravens fan?

BettorFan

I was talking my buddy who is a die hard Ravens fan and has never missed a game on TV or at the Game. He is a psycho so I can't get any answer from him on why he loves the Ravens. Any insight?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I was talking my buddy who is a die hard Ravens fan and has never missed a game on TV or at the Game. He is a psycho so I can't get any answer from him on why he loves the Ravens. Any insight?

No idea, I grew up here loving the Redskins. Ravens came to town and went to the super bowl while I was still living in Baltimore during college, during that time I came to hate the Ravens. Seeing all the dummies coming out of the woodwork flying purple flags and not having a clue about football got me pissed enough to hate them.

I'm a Redskins fan because that's what I grew up being. My dad was a Redskins fan and they just always seemed like the local team. It probably didn't hurt that my early memories of football were during the first Gibbs era when the Redskin's were consistently competitive. I vaguely remember going to one or two Colts games, but they were never that big a deal to us. I like the Ravens but they still don't quite feel like a local team.

BuddyLee

Football addict
They're the home team.

I grew up with them. My dad probably made me the biggest fan. Sad about what happened to him though. He grew tired of the Redskins in the late 90's and became a Ravens fan the year they won the Super Bowl.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
They're the home team.

I grew up with them. My dad probably made me the biggest fan. Sad about what happened to him though. He grew tired of the Redskins in the late 90's and became a Ravens fan the year they won the Super Bowl.

BL, are you watching the Ravens game?

BuddyLee

Football addict
BL, are you watching the Ravens game?
I'm watching the NFC North battle betwix the Packers and Vikings.

I switch over to the other game when a commercial comes about.

I did see your thread though. I haven't seen the guy yet but it might be Mike Carney.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I'm watching the NFC North battle betwix the Packers and Vikings.

I switch over to the other game when a commercial comes about.

I did see your thread though. I haven't seen the guy yet but it might be Mike Carney.

He sounds quite, um, well, not quite like I would expect an NFL official to sound. :shrug:

Dukesdad

Probably an early childhood head injury...

PsyOps

Pixelated
They're the home team.

So you're dad MADE you be a fan. Thems brainwashing terms there. Explains a lot.

No really, I sympathize with your dad though only I could never become a Ravens fan. Every since the Colts left I have hated Baltimore and the Ravens.

But I just keep coming back to these lame old Skins. Call me coo coo for Cocoa Puffs.:dork:

angelbaby

I'm a Redskins fan because that's what I grew up being. My dad was a Redskins fan and they just always seemed like the local team. It probably didn't hurt that my early memories of football were during the first Gibbs era when the Redskin's were consistently competitive. I vaguely remember going to one or two Colts games, but they were never that big a deal to us. I like the Ravens but they still don't quite feel like a local team.

:yeahthat: but I have NEVER liked the ravens and never will. My dad and I have had the best bonding moments watching football. :huggy:

tyky

eieio

Cause they are the most awesomestestest:buddies:

greyhound

Ravens fan by default.....

My dad was a Colts fan, he hated the Redskins. He said that the Redskins were Washingtons team and that we should support the home team (Colts). When the Colts were taken out of town in the middle of the night my dad was upset. He would not support a team until Baltimore got a team back.

T

toppick08

Ravens fan by default.....

My dad was a Colts fan, he hated the Redskins. He said that the Redskins were Washingtons team and that we should support the home team (Colts). When the Colts were taken out of town in the middle of the night my dad was upset. He would not support a team until Baltimore got a team back.

:buddies:

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I started rooting for the Ravens in '96. I remember being a kid and being a huge colts fan. Then seeing the pictures of the Mayflower trucks pulling out of Baltimore in the sow storm I was devistated. So then I became a Redskins Fan. I cheered for the skins since then. But in '96 when Baltimore got a team back I immediately jumped back on that bandwagon. However I still root for the Skins as long as they are not playing the Ravens. After all it is a different conference.

Go Ravens!!!!

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
If I was to see and Irsay family member on fire in a parking lot I wouldn't piss on them to put them out!!!