why barrel people should wear helmets

smoothmarine187

damn......those chicks are tough........my brothers wife barrel races.....I went to watch her one time, it's pretty crazy how sidewayz they get when they blast around the barrels.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Yea but it isn't fun when your going around a turn and the ground disspears. I had that happen. Like sliding into home... :lmao:

T

TWHFAN1

~Personal opinoin~

~Personal oppinoin~ Everyone that likes there head in tacked should wear a helmet. Anything could happen, Anytime! Even if you and your horse are like one, it is still a horse! Even those of us who are natural hard heads! :whistle:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Wind-blown hair is better than hat hair anyday. :lmao:

Attachments

• y 020.jpg
    y 020.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 113

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
TWHFAN1 said:
~Personal oppinoin~ Everyone that likes there head in tacked should wear a helmet. Anything could happen, Anytime! Even if you and your horse are like one, it is still a horse! Even those of us who are natural hard heads! :whistle:
i agree, busted my head open once, dont want to do it again.
It seams that i fall off of ponies when i dont have a helmet on. Helmet saved my head once when my horse fliped over, got a big dent in the back of it.
i always ride with a helmet... unless i ride bareback cause i just hop on in the pasture, with only ahalter and lead line.

T

TWHFAN1

Head injury free is better then flowing locks anyday. :razz:

Don't hate me cuz I like my head!

fredsaid2

flarenuphope said:
i agree, busted my head open once, dont want to do it again.
It seams that i fall off of ponies when i dont have a helmet on. Helmet saved my head once when my horse fliped over, got a big dent in the back of it.
i always ride with a helmet... unless i ride bareback cause i just hop on in the pasture, with only ahalter and lead line.

I love that you wear a helmet as a western rider...Every Ride - Every Time!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
flarenuphope said:
yeah but that horse is calmer than a crazy tb, that spooks. You should know who flare is, the all red horse from mw

I recognized your picture from Timonium. You 2 are a he!! of a team. I always look forward to seeing you enter the ring.

T

TWHFAN1

fredsaid2 said:
I love that you wear a helmet as a western rider...Every Ride - Every Time!

I agree. I do allot of natural HMS, giving lessons and giving and taking clinic and I still don't agree with Pat Parelli jumping a picnic table with a butt naked head. That is a great promo for the youth riders! "Here ya go kid's, jump what ya like, no helmet! " Smooth move. One day he'll be sued.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
TWHFAN1 said:
Head injury free is better then flowing locks anyday. :razz:

Don't hate me cuz I like my head!

:howdy: hi C. (TWH)
I know. I was just playing about the hair :lmao:
When I am jumping, or unfamiliar, green, or young horses I will wear my helmet every time. SEE...

Attachments

• pics 416.jpg
    pics 416.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 92
T

TWHFAN1

persimmoncf said:
:howdy: hi C. (TWH)
I know. I was just playing about the hair :lmao:
When I am jumping, or unfamiliar, green, or young horses I will wear my helmet every time. SEE...

hey girl,
Way to go! I feel like the helmet dork ambasator, ( and the can't spell ambasator, HA ! ) most of the time. But that is ok, still have my head. Have you ever seen to silly looking western hat/helmet? That's attractive! :flowers:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
TWHFAN1 said:
hey girl,
Way to go! I feel like the helmet dork ambasator, ( and the can't spell ambasator, HA ! ) most of the time. But that is ok, still have my head. Have you ever seen to silly looking western hat/helmet? That's attractive! :flowers:

No, but I understand that they make a western "hard hat". I could just see somebody breaking thier neck when the brim hits the ground...snap.
Oh, or trying to walk through a crowd :killingme

T

TWHFAN1

Ha, they are huge with giant plastic brims all the way around! You'd look like a yo simmity ( again, SP? ) sam head!

fredsaid2

TWHFAN1 said:
I agree. I do allot of natural HMS, giving lessons and giving and taking clinic and I still don't agree with Pat Parelli jumping a picnic table with a butt naked head. That is a great promo for the youth riders! "Here ya go kid's, jump what ya like, no helmet! " Smooth move. One day he'll be sued.

To each his own BUT I've witnessed several occasions where an approved helmet literally saved a rider's life. So, lifer Helmet Nazi here. If you feel the need to wear a helmet sometimes, go ahead and make it an Always. You can't 'do-over' on that one occasion when you should have but didn't. Anyone who instructs, especially those who give lessons to children, should set a good example and promote helmets by always wearing one themselves.