Why Call 911?

tommyjo

So the operator can hear and record the intricate details of your murder.

How sad this woman was so conditioned to be "politically correct" and believed the lies that she shouldn't own a gun, probably because she was told the attacker can take it away and use it on her.
The advice from the 911 operator from previous calls!,
"Document the calls you make to the police, get a restraining order and keep your doors locked" My oh my, such politically correct advice,UFB!

She was murdered while on line with 911 and it still took 2 days for the cops to find the body.
As the saying goes: "Call 911 and Die!"

Stalking victim heard issuing final 911 plea before her death | khou.com Houston

Here is an account going the right way. No call made to 911!
A juvenile(yes a kid with a gun!) prevents the murder of two family members after a home invasion.
This boy was probably suspended from his school for handling a gun or talking about it to classmates.
These are the stories you don't hear about on Main Stream Media that continues to promote their virulent anti-gun agenda.
Boy grabs gun, sends suspects fleeing | khou.com Houston

There are a significant number of problems with your statement regarding the Houston event.

#1 You don't have a single piece of evidence to support your rant that the victim was conditioned not to own a gun. In fact, there is nothing in the article you submitted that states that she did or did not own a weapon.

#2. Your post makes the assumption that a weapon, in and of itself, will stop the crime from happening. You gun nutters always say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people"...well a gun in the house doesn't protect anyone either...unless it is accessible and used.

#3. You have no possible way of knowing what the victim believed about what her attacker could do with a gun or not.

#4. This is a story from Texas...Texas has some of the most liberal (pun intended) carry laws in the country don't they? So the victim would have been more exposed to the gun rights side of the debate, based on where she lives, than has she been in the DC area where the gun rights advocacy is less vocal.

#5 The story in Houston is less of a gun issue and really highlights our society's inability to deal with aggressive ex's. Sadly this is not a new story.

The plight of women who are threatened, stalked, and/or abused by ex husbands is not new...and very litle seems to ever be done about it.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Let's Face It

If somebody is climbing through a freshly broken window, or has broken down your front door in the middle of the night; calling 9-1-1 is only good for requesting an ambulance for the somebody you just shot; the somebody you don't know; the somebody who doesn't belong in YOUR house.

I remember what a Calvert County LEO friend of mine told me; 'If you're gonna shoot 'em; make sure they are inside first.'
Outside in your backyard is 'out in public.'
Once the moron is inside the structure that is your dwelling, you are authorized to introduce lead into his diet.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
There are a significant number of problems with your statement regarding the Houston event.

#1 You don't have a single piece of evidence to support your rant that the victim was conditioned not to own a gun. In fact, there is nothing in the article you submitted that states that she did or did not own a weapon.

#2. Your post makes the assumption that a weapon, in and of itself, will stop the crime from happening. You gun nutters always say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people"...well a gun in the house doesn't protect anyone either...unless it is accessible and used.

#3. You have no possible way of knowing what the victim believed about what her attacker could do with a gun or not.

#4. This is a story from Texas...Texas has some of the most liberal (pun intended) carry laws in the country don't they? So the victim would have been more exposed to the gun rights side of the debate, based on where she lives, than has she been in the DC area where the gun rights advocacy is less vocal.

#5 The story in Houston is less of a gun issue and really highlights our society's inability to deal with aggressive ex's. Sadly this is not a new story.

The plight of women who are threatened, stalked, and/or abused by ex husbands is not new...and very litle seems to ever be done about it.

Totally missed the point again dumbass.

MadDogMarine

Your counter rant makes absolutely no sense to me!
There are a significant number of problems with your statement regarding the
My rant has nothing to do with her owning/not owning a gun? It has everything to do with being conditioned to not even THINK to USE a gun. It is obvious from the facts she didn't use a gun, isn't it.? And after three years of living in fear, she still made no effort to properly protect herself.
Why is that? Because of the way she was trained possibly??
And that was obviously ok with you. Her not buying a gun meant the man that killed her didn't have one to take after the murder so we are all safer because there is one less gun on the street!. Is that how you think?

#2. Your post makes the assumption that a weapon, in and of itself, will stop the crime from happening.
Excellent argument!. Let's just everyone that thinks they can stop a crime with a gun, don't do it and let the situation play out to see if the crime stops from happening without the gun. Then your point will be well made. Why don't you supply a list of events how this should play out without a gun:
1)Try to talk the assailant down with soft words
2)Pray with him/her that Jesus will save their soul
3)Offer them sex as a distraction/then bite them or etc.
4)Tell him.her if they don't stop you will tell their parents on them
5)Pour hot coffee on them
6)Hurl on them!
7)Oh!, I forgot-Call 911
8)feel free to add you own recommendation here.
Do you think this stuff is Hollywood, if the scene doesn't play out the way it should, you do another take???? God help us!

You gun nutters always say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people"...well a gun in the house doesn't protect anyone either...unless it is accessible and used.

AND the person has access and the WILLINGNESS to use it unless they have been conditioned otherwise by those who hate guns.
We also say "guns don't stop bad guys, Good guys with guns stop bad guys! It is also obvious from this situation, there was neither access to a gun nor a willingness to use one. To bad the 911 operator didn't ask her if she had a gun in the house.I guess that is not part of their training to want to bring a gun into a deadly situation. After all the situation could become deadly!UFB!

You are right ,she should have asked him if he meant it when he said he was going to kill her! How silly of me!
When he responded yes, he meant it!, then she could implement #2 above!

When people come to the realization that guns are nothing more than an EQUALIZATION tool where the weak and infirm can stand against those of superior force and power willing to do harm to them, the unfounded fear of guns will dissipate.

Inkd

A 911 call with a happier ending.

South Carolina man kicked in door, shot by homeowner, sheriff says

Deputies say Hester was shot by Jonathan Wofford after he called 911 to report someone was trying to break into his home, retreated to his bedroom, locked the door, and saw Hester kick in that door too.

South Carolina man kicked in door, shot by homeowner, sheriff says | Fox News

Unfortunately that story won't garner near as much attention as a story where a career criminal shot and killed someone with an illegally obtained firearm.