Why do cosmetics manufacturers do this?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Why the need to add "flavoring" to lipstick and lipgloss? All I want is some color with a gentle sheen. No freakin' flavor or root beer, bubble gum, cherry, or other fruit-flavored crap. And I'm not talking about young girl Bonnie Bell-type stuff, either. I'm talking about Neutrogena. Obviously, I need to be spending a little more money to find the right product.

I just bought two different shades of Neutrogena lip gloss, and both of them are disgusting. One tastes like Juicy Fruit and the other tastes like cherry something-or-other. :barf:

All I want is a nice pleasant translucent color with a little bit of gloss.

If I wanted flavorings, I'd drop a cube of Bazooka in my mouth or drink some cherry cough medicine.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I'm looking for, sans flavoring?

Poohhunny1605

Why the need to add "flavoring" to lipstick and lipgloss? All I want is some color with a gentle sheen. No freakin' flavor or root beer, bubble gum, cherry, or other fruit-flavored crap. And I'm not talking about young girl Bonnie Bell-type stuff, either. I'm talking about Neutrogena. Obviously, I need to be spending a little more money to find the right product.

I just bought two different shades of Neutrogena lip gloss, and both of them are disgusting. One tastes like Juicy Fruit and the other tastes like cherry something-or-other. :barf:

If I wanted flavorings, I'd drop a cube of Bazooka in my mouth or drink some cherry cough medicine.

Go with MAC or Clinique, they are flavor free. Its $13.00 for lip gloss or lip stick..Not much more than what your buying!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See, and I want my gloss to taste and smell good. :lol:

I recommend Burt's Bees lip shimmer. Glossy and light color - no flavor or smell.

sockgirl77

BB666 has gotten me hooked on this lip plumper. I cannot remember the name of it but it is only like $4.00 at CVS.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses

Clinque Superbalms :yay: They give you a tint of color with a hint of gloss like you want.