Why do shoes fart?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Or better yet, why do some shoes make a farting noise when you walk? They are good quality shoes (maybe in the $75-$100 range per pair), not some cheap Wal-Mart or Payless crap.

And, smartazzes, it's the shoe, not me. :ohwell:

I just bought a new pair of shoes, and I just noticed that the left shoe makes a farting noise when I walk. And oddly, I bought these shoes to replace my very favorite pair of shoes that started to fart after a few years of non-fart wear.

So, why do they fart, and what can I do to make them not fart any more?

This is important, so I want some do-able realistic answers.

Go

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Is it the inside aka’deep toot’ or where the sole impacts the ground?
This new pair is an open wedge sandle but with a strap on the back so the shoe doesn't make flip, flop,flop sounds when I walk down the hall. As in when I walk down the hall where I don't say "hi" to anybody because I'm an introverted stuck-up snob.

Here's a picture of my shoe, although mine is denim blue.

Attachments

• fart shoes.jpg
    fart shoes.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Or better yet, why do some shoes make a farting noise when you walk? They are good quality shoes (maybe in the $75-$100 range per pair), not some chear Wal-Mart or Payless crap.

I just bought a new pair of shoes, and I just noticed that the left shoe makes a farting noise whenI walk. And oddly, I bought these shoes to replace my very favorite pair of shoes that started to fart after a few years of non-fart wear.

Go

My guess would be incomplete bonding between the two parts, the part your foot touches and the part that touches the ground. I'm sure Bob can fix it.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
This new pair is an open wedge sandlem but with a strap on the back so the shoe doesn't make flip, flop,flop sounds when I walk down the hall. As in when I walk down the hall where I don't say "hi" to anybody because I'm an introverted stuck-up snob.

So this is just my shoe-lovin' two cents here, but something I've noticed with shoes like that: see how you have two parts to the wedge? The actual cork wedge (that looks like cork?) and then the darker insole that your feet sit on? I've had one or two pairs of shoes built like that and they're some tootin' shoes. I can feel some kind of air pressure release around my foot as I walk. So I'm wondering if bc they have that two-part to their sole, it creates some kind of air pocket and maybe that has a little to do with all the flatulence?

My favorite pair of knee-high suede boots makes an annoying "criiick" every time I take a step :ohwell: There's for sure an air pocket where the bottom of the zipper meets the sole right where my inner arch is. So embarrassing when I walk down the hall. I'm most definitely avoiding eye contact when I where those.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Put a lot of powder in the shoe. It might not keep them from farting, but it will emit a cloud letting people know where the sound is coming from.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
This new pair is an open wedge sandle but with a strap on the back so the shoe doesn't make flip, flop,flop sounds when I walk down the hall. As in when I walk down the hall where I don't say "hi" to anybody because I'm an introverted stuck-up snob.

Drill two small holes 3/4 in deep in the bottom of the back sole.
Problem solved.
YW.

Sincerely,
DW

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Or better yet, why do some shoes make a farting noise when you walk? They are good quality shoes (maybe in the $75-$100 range per pair), not some cheap Wal-Mart or Payless crap.

I just bought a new pair of shoes, and I just noticed that the left shoe makes a farting noise when I walk. And oddly, I bought these shoes to replace my very favorite pair of shoes that started to fart after a few years of non-fart wear.

Go
If they didn't they would blow up.

Walk through a puddle and see if you can make them spit.