Why does Fat mean?

bulldog

Clearly youre too stupid to look past the veneer. Back injuries, bone damages, arthritis over the years can cause you to gain weight because you cant exersize. They dont just hand out handicap signs, you have to have a diagnosis. Most Docs will tell overweight people "Tough s*it, walk accross the parking lot, you could use the exersize". Obviously theres more than meets the eye.

My wife is handicapped- and if you saw her, you'd say the same about her that youve already posted. What you DONT see, is her fused spine due to breaking her back at work, multiple knee surgeries due to a fall and surgical damage to her wrists from the same fall. I'd suggest being a bit more open minded.

Sorry about your wife. She is obviously one of the folks who deserve and need a permit. However, in many cases they are handed out like candy and then not controlled beyond that. There is a lady that I work with that got a permit after breaking her ankle and has had that same permit for over 2 years...and has no objection to using it. As a matter of fact, she seems damn proud of the fact that she has it and gets away with it.

I started a similar thread over a year ago after watching a so called "handicapped" individual walk out of Lowes with a sack of quikrete slung over his shoulder. Walked to his truck, THREW it in the back and then jumped up into the truck like he was a teenager. You see it all the time.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Sorry about your wife. She is obviously one of the folks who deserve and need a permit. However, in many cases they are handed out like candy and then not controlled beyond that. There is a lady that I work with that got a permit after breaking her ankle and has had that same permit for over 2 years...and has no objection to using it. As a matter of fact, she seems damn proud of the fact that she has it and gets away with it.

I started a similar thread over a year ago after watching a so called "handicapped" individual walk out of Lowes with a sack of quikrete slung over his shoulder. Walked to his truck, THREW it in the back and then jumped up into the truck like he was a teenager. You see it all the time.
I used to work with a girl who "inherited" her grandmothers handicap placard after she passed, last time I'd seen her she was trying to get it renewed.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't mean to hijack this thread any more than it has been already; but when "Charlie" tried to put his arm around "Raymond" and "Raymond" began shrieking, the hysteria seemed to be caused by a severe beating that "Raymond" may have gotten from his Father for scalding "Charlie" in the bathtub. "Burn the baby." I don't think that part was directly addressed in the movie. WAS it?
Apologies. Please continue.....

Addressed in what way? It's a movie and it's not unusual for movies to do that. I don't recall that particular scene, but he probably had a PTSD type of reaction. A person with an Autistic spectrum disorder (as well as other developmental & neurological disorders) sometimes do have more intense reactions due to the inability to control or govern their emotions.

But then again, there are so-called "neuro-typical" people who overreact all the time. :jet:

BTW: Raymond's character is loosely based on a couple of "real life" people's developmental disorders, but not all of the things that happened in the movie actually happened.

Pyrotech

Les Paul Addict

Wow. I thought they watched it closer than that.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
My brother is an amputee and he jokingly mentioned handicapped tags to his doctor. His doctor told him not even to ask, because he wasn't handicapped. :lol: