Why Does Society Protect Stupid People?

Why Does Society Protect Stupid People? Post a Pol

• Stupid People Outnumber Smart People, We Have Mob Rule By Stupid

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Society Is Collectively Trying To Prove Darwin Wrong

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Our Maternal/Paternal Instincts Make Us Want To Help Even The Stupid

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Smart People Have An Easier Time Preying On The Stupid And Need Them Around To Profit From

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • It Would Be Boring Without Stupid People To Laugh At

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
T

Toreadoralpha

Why Does Society Protect Stupid People?

"Do not use blow dryer in the bathtub." This is just one of many instructions aimed at the less IQ enhanced product user. For those gray matter midgets, it seems only fitting companies fear that a court of law would take pity on such idiocy. So why is society so protective? Consider it an anti-Darwinistic approach to the problem.

If evolution WERE truly fact rather than theory, we should let folks bob for french fries, hang glide around power lines, and of course, take suppositories orally. Instead we protect people who made the term, "it never said not to do that" famous- despite its double negative.

I'm not sure when it happened, but somewhere in the past two thousand or so years it was decided that being intelligent is more of a liability than being physically attractive, charismatic, or more physically strong. Free thought is even considered a sin to some people. However, this is nowhere near as bad as how stupid people are actually protected - and often at the expense of intelligent people.

Schools, despite being places of higher learning, have never been a happy place for people that are smarter. They're usually ostracized as "geeks", "nerds", "dweebs", and other names that almost sound as if someone were saying "Ha! Ha! You're smart!". Meanwhile, the educators are being told to coddle the students that are getting lower grades because they're more concerned about their feelings. I guess that neurotic intelligent people are okay as long as you have well-adjusted idiots running around society.

Throughout the last few decades, we have seen a rise in laws that seem to be foolish. Judges have sided with people who claim that they're not responsible for spilling hot coffee in their own lap. The owner of a house whom they tried to burglarize didn't have a proper mat to wipe their feet when they slipped and broke a leg. The man who gets a few million dollars because he decided that fast-food was the way to go. People like this are now legends. The government continues to provide protection for people with who are what could be said, "Stupid."

Stupid is a relative term. We often call someone stupid because they made a bet. We tell people not to be stupid when they make an ignorant comment. Stupid is a term that we will apply to a group of people who are blissfully ignorant and lack common sense. These are the people the legends are made of. These are the kind of members of society that think everything is caused by something else. They will speed down an icy road, wondering why they're now lodged against a tree. These people will eventually injure themselves without some sort of intervention.

So why are we as a society protecting the stupid?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
yeah that ......... it keeps lawyers fed
They're part of it, but I think it's the politicians protecting the people that elected them. The more stupid people, the easier it is for them to keep their job.
Take seatbelts.
Congress passes a law that you have to pay extra for a seatbelt when you buy a car in order to protect the people that don't have and are willing to develop the skills necessary to safely drive a car.
Then :doh: they're to stupid to actually use the equipment that they forced you to buy so they pass a law to force you to buy an airbag.
Then :doh: turns out thatan airbag kills the stupid people that don't use the seat belt.
But :doh: the stupid people STILL don't use them even though both the wrecks AND the safety equipment can kill you so they pass a law to force you to use the equipment they forced you to buy.
It used to be that people that poked wild animals, or walked in front of fast moving vehicles were removed from the gene pool.
Now they rewarded and protected.

T

Toreadoralpha

Pol snapshot with 10 votes in so far...

View Poll Results: Why Does Society Protect Stupid People? Post a Pol
Stupid People Outnumber Smart People, We Have Mob Rule By Stupid 3 30.00%
Society Is Collectively Trying To Prove Darwin Wrong 0 0%
Our Maternal/Paternal Instincts Make Us Want To Help Even The Stupid 2 20.00%
Smart People Have An Easier Time Preying On The Stupid And Need Them Around To Profit From 1 10.00%
It Would Be Boring Without Stupid People To Laugh At 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You have already voted on this poll

Zippy for Darwin... LOL

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
What makes me nuts is all the child proof caps on everything today. Drain cleaners, pills, every ointment, mouthwash, etc. The child isn't the stupid one! They need to rename them "stupid parent caps". Why don't they put them on sodas, candy, fast foods, alcohol & cigarettes? I use Listerine mouthwash and I constantly have to squeeze & turn or push & twist. Sounds like a dance but it drives me nuts. Of course I cut the safety tabs off but you can't in some cases. And not to mention how many pages of "safe usage for dummies" I have to read through when I buy a TV, stereo, DVD or CD player, etc., just to get to the actual how to use it section! Seriously folks, I believe that these things actually are an indication that there are more dummies among us than we think. Can we sue these companies for dummy enablement?:smack:

What makes me nuts is all the child proof caps on everything today. Drain cleaners, pills, every ointment, mouthwash, etc. The child isn't the stupid one! They need to rename them "stupid parent caps". Why don't they put them on sodas, candy, fast foods, alcohol & cigarettes? I use Listerine mouthwash and I constantly have to squeeze & turn or push & twist. Sounds like a dance but it drives me nuts. Of course I cut the safety tabs off but you can't in some cases. And not to mention how many pages of "safe usage for dummies" I have to read through when I buy a TV, stereo, DVD or CD player, etc., just to get to the actual how to use it section! Seriously folks, I believe that these things actually are an indication that there are more dummies among us than we think. Can we sue these companies for dummy enablement?:smack:

:high5:

R

RadioPatrol

They're part of it, but I think it's the politicians protecting the people that elected them. The more stupid people, the easier it is for them to keep their job.

Look at how much the public school system has been dumbed down, it is an indoctrination center .... get on the Gov tit and stay their, then vote the people that give you stuff for free back in to get more free ####

[/soapbox]

you may return to your regularly scheduled thread now ........ this has been a Public Service Announcement Rant

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Look at how much the public school system has been dumbed down, it is an indoctrination center .... get on the Gov tit and stay their, then vote the people that give you stuff for free back in to get more free ####

[/soapbox]

you may return to your regularly scheduled thread now ........ this has been a Public Service Announcement Rant

How right you are!:yeahthat: