Why does this keep happening?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
:lol: Foreshadowing of her place of employment?
I don't know. You tend to lose track of students once they graduate unless they keep in touch. She got a full ride to Howard and graduated from there according to her grandmother but I don't know after that. I don't remember what she was majoring in.

I still get calls for background checks (FBI) for kids I taught thirty years ago.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Lots of Chick-Fa-A's have employees standing in the drive through land taking orders before you get to the microphone to do it yourself.
Have not been to the one in front of Target in quite some time, too many people.

rio

A person who gets that upset over someone misunderstanding their name in a drive thru speaker is probably a person who would raise holy hell for wasting time if the employee took time to ask them to please spell their name. Just looking for a reason to be a sh!thead!

sunshine98

I have a very simple five-letter name. It gets mangled at CFL about a third of the time. Call me anything, but get my order right! Which they do about 9 times out of 10. Which isn't bad - Dunkin Donuts screws up my order half the time.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I had a student years ago, probably twenty or twenty five, who would spend part of her weekend looking for weird names in news stories. She'd almost always come in on Monday with a half dozen or so, at least, and show them to me laughing.

I asked why did it and she said because she couldn't believe people would name their kids some of them and she was glad her parents hadn't given her a "ghetto" name. Her name was LaQuinita.
One of the folks in the Atlanta bank hq that takes care of our international banking (letters of credit) has an interesting first name: Aquanetta. I'm guessing her mother was a hair dresser?

She's quite good at her job though.

gemma_rae

Have not been to the one in front of Target in quite some time, too many people.
It sure didn't hurt their business. I drive by that location every workday and the drive-up line was wrapped around the building again this morning.
traffic impact GIF

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
One of the folks in the Atlanta bank hq that takes care of our international banking (letters of credit) has an interesting first name: Aquanetta. I'm guessing her mother was a hair dresser?

She's quite good at her job though.
Who the **** knows. I had Porsches, Mercedeses, some Lexuses, a Caprice, a Chevelle, a Caprice-Chevelle, a Monte Carlo plus a bunch more I don't remember now. Thank God I retired before the Game of Thrones names started hitting high school.

And yeah, I know Mercedes is actually a girl's name before someone informs me of it.

One I just remembered, Tater.

Last edited:

Kinnakeet

Sounds like a professional victim wanting a big payout to me. I can't speak from any point of view but my own, but 90% of the names I see in police blotters, a picture isn't needed to know their ethnicity. IDK what their mothers were thinking when they tagged them with such idiotic names, but more power to them.

I once overheard a young black girl tell her mother that if she ever has a baby boy, she's going to name him Mufasa. I just can't imagine branding an innocent baby like that.
Negros put 52 family names together to come up with some of those dumb names just like white people that go to starbucks and I swear they make up the name for their coffee

ginwoman

I had a student years ago, probably twenty or twenty five, who would spend part of her weekend looking for weird names in news stories. She'd almost always come in on Monday with a half dozen or so, at least, and show them to me laughing.

I asked why did it and she said because she couldn't believe people would name their kids some of them and she was glad her parents hadn't given her a "ghetto" name. Her name was LaQuinita.
Chiquita gets me

OccamsRazor

Chic Fil A is the place that fatties go to eat trying to convince themselves that they are getting a "healthier" option 'cause.. Chicken!
Couple that with the undeniable fact that the service is a cut above just about any other fast food place around here and VIOLA... massive lines.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Chic Fil A is the place that fatties go to eat trying to convince themselves that they are getting a "healthier" option 'cause.. Chicken!
Couple that with the undeniable fact that the service is a cut above just about any other fast food place around here and VIOLA... massive lines.
Does that mean that I can't have two pieces of pie since I did get a Diet Coke?

Clem72

Who the **** knows. I had Porsches, Mercedeses, some Lexuses, a Caprice, a Chevelle, a Caprice-Chevelle, a Monte Carlo plus a bunch more I don't remember now. Thank God I retired before the Game of Thrones names started hitting high school.

And yeah, I know Mercedes is actually a girl's name before someone informs me of it.

One I just remembered, Tater.