Why Don’t People Return Their Shopping Carts?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing.

To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart. Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it. No one will punish you for not returning the shopping cart, no one will fine you, or kill you for not returning the shopping cart, you gain nothing by returning the shopping cart. You must return the shopping cart out of the goodness of your own heart. You must return the shopping cart because it is the right thing to do. Because it is correct.

A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it.

The Shopping Cart is what determines whether a person is a good or bad member of society.

So which one are you?

I love this post so much! :love:

In fact I'ma steal it and post it on FB.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Pulling up to a parking spot and finding a shopping cart there can be pretty frustrating. Why do people ignore the receptacle?

At Aldi's you have to pay a quarter to get a buggy .... people tend to return them ..... even in Oxon Hill

limblips

PREMO Member
How about the lazy buttwipes who are headed in to the store and walk right by the mis-located carts and then pitch a bitch when there aren't any inside?!!!! If everyone brought it one in the world would be right.

glhs837

Power with Control
How about the lazy buttwipes who are headed in to the store and walk right by the mis-located carts and then pitch a bitch when there aren't any inside?!!!! If everyone brought it one in the world would be right.

Well, these days, the ones inside have been disinfected, allegedly, so they have that as an excuse.

PeoplesElbow

Well, these days, the ones inside have been disinfected, allegedly, so they have that as an excuse.
When I worked at a grocery store this woman came in screaming about our carts being garbage cans, turned out she grabbed a cart in the parking lot, wasn't paying attention and sat her Gucci purse on a dirty baby diaper. No idea how she didnt see it but she got a shitty purse out of it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
"The broken windows theory is a criminological theory that states that visible signs of crime, anti-social behavior, and civil disorder create an urban environment that encourages further crime and disorder, including serious crimes "

Humans largely follow societal norms but there will always be that one deviant who is the first to break a window or leave their shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot. Once you allow that, it becomes the norm and the human animals will follow that lead. Twitter is an excellent example of broken windows theory, or anywhere humans congregate.

Nobody is ever as interested in human behavior as I am, outside of a classroom and even then my professors didn't have the time for a deep dig. :ohwell:
Theories Giuliani led by, and did so successfully.. if you want people to stop breaking serious crimes, enforce the petty crimes..