Why Fat Thighs Are Not as Bad as a Fat Abdomen

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
ScienceDaily (Oct. 4, 2010) — Using ice cream, candy bars and energy drinks to help volunteers gain weight, Mayo Clinic researchers have discovered the mechanisms of how body fat grows. Increased abdominal fat seems to heighten risk for metabolic disease, while fat expansion in the lower body -- as in the thighs -- seems to lower the risk. The findings, appearing in the October 4 edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), help explain why.

Why fat thighs are not as bad as a fat abdomen

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
ScienceDaily (Oct. 4, 2010) — Using ice cream, candy bars and energy drinks to help volunteers gain weight, Mayo Clinic researchers have discovered the mechanisms of how body fat grows. Increased abdominal fat seems to heighten risk for metabolic disease, while fat expansion in the lower body -- as in the thighs -- seems to lower the risk. The findings, appearing in the October 4 edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), help explain why.

:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :lalala: :lalala: :cds:

Soccermom........ we are working out harder now thanks to Arkie!!!! :lmao:

Toxick

Splat

I'm going with: There's no organs in the thigh-area.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
hey like I'm at MY perfect weight? NOT! I have to work out some also ...... let me punish myself for this new knowledge .... :whack:

if it was not over an hour drive for ya... I would say come on down and work out with us!!!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Well I could come on the weekend? What you guys been doing? Walking? I try not run much so I can save my knees for my old age ..... I was a track star in high school so I used up my knees a lot then LOL :diva:

if it was not over an hour drive for ya... I would say come on down and work out with us!!!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Speaking of, I happened to see a guy on TV cooking on one of those healthy eating shows, and saw him hammering out a chicken breast to make it flatter, then he used lime juice and a few spices then grilled it Mmmmmmm. I wanted to grab that chicken breast off the TV screen and eat it. Now I'll have to make that.

I thought this was going to be a recipe tread.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Well I could come on the weekend? What you guys been doing? Walking? I try not run much so I can save my knees for my old age ..... I was a track star in high school so I used up my knees a lot then LOL :diva:

hittin the gym!!!

the weekends are hard for me.... remember I get home at 4am both sat and sun.... :cds:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
oh yeah ..... you work-a-holic you ...... not like I have a lot of spare time with working and the rescue stuff, but I have more flexibility on the weekends than you do for sure.

hittin the gym!!!

the weekends are hard for me.... remember I get home at 4am both sat and sun.... :cds:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Speaking of, I happened to see a guy on TV cooking on one of those healthy eating shows, and saw him hammering out a chicken breast to make it flatter, then he used lime juice and a few spices then grilled it Mmmmmmm. I wanted to grab that chicken breast off the TV screen and eat it. Now I'll have to make that.

Might have been the same chef that created this??...

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 93

annemayer

What is really important to know here is,do they still need any volunteers?