Why is it...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is it...

Originally posted by darkriver4362
He told me his schedule the other night it's

Saturday: Tigger
Sunday: Ceo_pte
Monday: Dems
Tuesday: Danzig
Wednesday: Fantasyillusion
Thursday: Zuchick
Friday he has to go to work at Melwood.

:tantrum But what about "Buddy and Nickel's Night of Fun"?

CMC122

Go Braves!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is it...

Originally posted by darkriver4362
He told me his schedule the other night it's

Saturday: Tigger
Sunday: Ceo_pte
Monday: Dems
Tuesday: Danzig
Wednesday: Fantasyillusion
Thursday: Zuchick
Friday he has to go to work at Melwood.
I was gonna go on friday to see him:mad:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yah know...

...I love my wife. All the time. She's just great. Patient. Understanding.

Why, I just went to the store today and got a few things for dinner...nice salmon, extra burger, made sure we had cheese, oldest girl got some fixins for a fruit salad which she made (I drove BTW) and she got some stuff the three of them like for breakfast and we got some sodas (which we were TOTALLY out of) few extra boxes of cereal, which we consume like air, lettuce, two tomatoes, called the Vrai to make sure we weren't being redundant on the fruit because #1 daughter said we already had some of the stuff which I was getting at moms request (extra pineapple).

It was all good. We went home, had a great meal, grilled salmon, burgers, fruit...nice.

And all she did was look at me and smile and say...'thanks honey!'

How lucky can a guy get?

Then, I woke up. The dream had ended. Do you know we don't have ANY peas and, apparently, we have WAY to much american cheese to suit some people???

The only good news, appaently, is that we made the dentist appointment OK.

It's a cold world.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Yah know...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...I love my wife. All the time. She's just great. Patient. Understanding.

Why, I just went to the store today and got a few things for dinner...nice salmon, extra burger, made sure we had cheese, oldest girl got some fixins for a fruit salad which she made (I drove BTW) and she got some stuff the three of them like for breakfast and we got some sodas (which we were TOTALLY out of) few extra boxes of cereal, which we consume like air, lettuce, two tomatoes, called the Vrai to make sure we weren't being redundant on the fruit because #1 daughter said we already had some of the stuff which I was getting at moms request (extra pineapple).

It was all good. We went home, had a great meal, grilled salmon, burgers, fruit...nice.

And all she did was look at me and smile and say...'thanks honey!'

How lucky can a guy get?

Then, I woke up. The dream had ended. Do you know we don't have ANY peas and, apparently, we have WAY to much american cheese to suit some people???

The only good news, appaently, is that we made the dentist appointment OK.

It's a cold world.

:lmao: :high5: i feel ya larry... i feel ya...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's a 'work' thing...

...sleuth...

I'm a teaser by heart and nature and she has a mild tolerance. NEVER tickle her knee. Try not to bother her at work.

Thing is, she was working and I'm like 'ring...hon, need anything?'...so she has to process that I'm at the store, which does scare her, when she had me, in her mind, at the dentist.

Then #1 girl is like 'bling...do we need all this pineapple?'...then, while STILL trying to get work done, she has to process 'WHY are YOU at the store? And did #2 actually make it to her appointment or is she shopping as well?!'

#1 and I shopping, well, we have a lot in common; we do buy stuff.

So, then, to be a smart ass, WHILE she is trying to get rid of #1 and go back to work, I call her on the other line. Knee slapper. Yuck, yuck. "Hey, is 2 extra pinapple things enough??"

So, we had fun.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Yah know...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
Teach you to marry an OLDER woman. She's already losing her memory. :killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well, now that you mention it...

...yeah.

AKA 'The Happy Grilled Salmon Eater"

And honey, pay no attention to that rapscallion impugning your memory. When we get married, I'll defend your honor to the last!

SamSpade

Originally posted by nomoney
because if he doesn't ask you a million stupid questions; when he gets home and brings in the head of lettuce that you already have 2 of ; he's going to get biatched at. :shrug:

That's usually *my* reason. Same thing with movies at the rental place. I need her opinion because if it were up to me, I'd be home either watching "Harry Potter" for the 100th time or something boring on the History channel and be happy as a clam.

I mean, we're talking about the half of the species who, when hungry, wil scrape month old leftovers out of the back of the fridge, and still be happy.

Imagine how p*ssed you'd be if he NEVER asked any stupid questions and always decided this kind of stuff on his own.

Stang Girl

Mr. and Mrs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
...that Larry can't seem to do something as simple as go to the grocery store without calling me every five seconds about his purchases?

"What should I get?"

"Should I get some melon to have with dinner?"

"How do I tell if I got a good one?"

"What about hamburgers for dinner?"

"Do we have lettuce and tomato?"

"Do we need juice?"

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! PS, all he's SUPPOSED to be doing is taking the daughter to the dentist!!! But no - he decided to make a detour. The lure of food did him in...mmmmm.....groceries....mmmmmm.....

Its something about man and grocerie stores? I have to go to the store with my man. He will not go by his self even if we have to get milk eggs.... But when we do go WE HVAE TO GO DOWN EVERY Fing ISLE. even if we do not need anything down that isle.He says it messes him up and he forgets what he needed. That gets on my last nerve:twitch: :bonk: :shocking:

SamSpade

Re: Re: Why is it...

Originally posted by Stang Girl
Its something about man and grocerie stores? I have to go to the store with my man. He will not go by his self even if we have to get milk eggs.... But when we do go WE HVAE TO GO DOWN EVERY Fing ISLE. even if we do not need anything down that isle.He says it messes him up and he forgets what he needed. That gets on my last nerve:twitch: :bonk: :shocking:

Me too - and I do that even when it's just me. Because if I don't go down every aisle, I spend an extra 20 miuntes going back and forth across the whole store because I forgot something, even something I never wrote down. Plus, I remember things spacially and visually - I can walk past pickles and remember, no, we have two of those, but one aisle over and at the end, we need one of something that's on the right shelf, whatever THAT is. But give me a LIST and I'll be confused as hell. The only thing lists do is make sure I get everything.

Dunno why my brain works that way, but it means I can sometimes shop without even paying much attention and still do a decent job.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: Re: Why is it...

Originally posted by SamSpade
Me too - and I do that even when it's just me. Because if I don't go down every aisle, I spend an extra 20 miuntes going back and forth across the whole store because I forgot something, even something I never wrote down. Plus, I remember things spacially and visually - I can walk past pickles and remember, no, we have two of those, but one aisle over and at the end, we need one of something that's on the right shelf, whatever THAT is. But give me a LIST and I'll be confused as hell. The only thing lists do is make sure I get everything.

Dunno why my brain works that way, but it means I can sometimes shop without even paying much attention and still do a decent job.

Studies have shown that men think visually and spatially, as you mentioned, and that we're quite better at it, in general, than most women. That's why more men are engineers, draftsmen, computer scientists, mathematicians, etc.

However, it seems like the opposite is happening when driving. Women remember directions by landmarks, whereas men tend to look for street names. It seems paradoxical to those studies I mentioned before. :shrug:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Re: Re: Why is it...

But give me a LIST and I'll be confused as hell. The only thing lists do is make sure I get everything.

I work best with shopping lists. I envy my wife's ability to work both the list and the physical layout of the store, starting from the frozen foods and ending in the dairy section. I'm not able to do that--I have to work from the list alone, top to bottom, scurrying from one side of the store to the other over and over, until I reach the end of the list. That takes more physical work but less mental work to keep track of everything. Except for very basic items like milk, bread and steak, I can never remember what items are in which aisles. If it's something like marshmallow cream or spaghetti sauce, I look at the signs and wander the aisles forlornly until I find it.

SamSpade

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is it...

Originally posted by sleuth14
Studies have shown that men think visually and spatially, as you mentioned, and that we're quite better at it, in general, than most women. That's why more men are engineers, draftsmen, computer scientists, mathematicians, etc.

However, it seems like the opposite is happening when driving. Women remember directions by landmarks, whereas men tend to look for street names. It seems paradoxical to those studies I mentioned before. :shrug:

That might be because they're associating them with maps. If I know that my destination is on Rte 28, and I know the address, I could give a crap if I passed the Wendy's - I can figure it out for myself. I also know that if Rte 28 crosses a road I know, then I will always be able to find my way.

I also navigate by general direction and I do a much better job after seeing a map, and I can sometimes find alternative routes pretty quickly because I know my destination is "over there in that area".

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is it...

That might be because they're associating them with maps. If I know that my destination is on Rte 28, and I know the address, I could give a crap if I passed the Wendy's - I can figure it out for myself. I also know that if Rte 28 crosses a road I know, then I will always be able to find my way.

I also navigate by general direction and I do a much better job after seeing a map, and I can sometimes find alternative routes pretty quickly because I know my destination is "over there in that area".

I'm like that, too. I've been a map reader since I was 7. I know people who navigate the Beltway using exit numbers, but those seem to change every 10 years or so. I picture a map of the Beltway in my mind, with Route 4 being north of Route 5, and Route 50 being north of Route 214, and so forth.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is it...

I thought about that... and it makes perfect sense, and I'm a lot like that too.

But I was referring to the times when you can't associate them with maps. Men still seem to remember street names better.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Grocery list neurotic

Ready? I put my grocery list together, then I organize it in relationship to the layout of the store. Then I go through my coupons and pull the ones I want to use and I put THEM in order according to store layout. When I get to the store, I can start at one end, crossing stuff off the list and transferring coupons from the "want it" to the "got it" pile, and end up at the other end with every item bought and all coupons accounted for. :yay: No cross-crossing!

:diva:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Re: Grocery list neurotic

Ready? I put my grocery list together, then I organize it in relationship to the layout of the store. Then I go through my coupons and pull the ones I want to use and I put THEM in order according to store layout. When I get to the store, I can start at one end, crossing stuff off the list and transferring coupons from the "want it" to the "got it" pile, and end up at the other end with every item bought and all coupons accounted for. :yay: No cross-crossing!

It's MONICA BING!!! :lmao:

nomoney

Re: Grocery list neurotic

:lmao: I do the exact same thing......except its with my wic coupons and at the food bank:clap: