Why? Why? Why? I just don't understand...

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Why is it that, at the dry cleaners, it costs significantly more to iron a women's blouse than to press a man's shirt?

This morning, I took 9 of my blouses to the cleaners, as well as 9 of Bob's shirts. The receipt shows that Bob's shirts cost a total of $13.50 to iron ($1.50 per shirt), whereas it costs $35.55 for my blouses ($3.95 per shirt). It's the same number of items for both of us, but why is it that my bill will be so much higher than his bill?

There has got to be a logical explanation for the price disparity, but I just can't see what that might be.

Does anybody have a more reasonably priced cleaner that they can recommend (in the LexPk area)? Ordinarily, I just iron the shirts myself, but I'm just too strapped for time these days.

Thanks!

Mikeinsmd

Simple BG, the woman is suppose to do the ironing and since she elected to neglect her duties by taking the shirts/blouses to the dry cleaners, she is charged a surcharge for not living up to her womanly duties.

You're welcome. Anything else you wanna know, just ask. :yay:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Mikeinsmd said:
Simple BG, the woman is suppose to do the ironing and since she elected to neglect her duties by taking the shirts/blouses to the dry cleaners, she is charged a surcharge for not living up to her womanly duties.

:sexist: :knucklehead:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Mikeinsmd said:

We talked about your bad self this weekend. :really:

And BG I think they price assuming all men's shirts are cotton and all women's shirts are of a more delicate material. They should price by material only.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Mikeinsmd said:

:jet: :lmao:

I hope you're ready to :boxing:

Mikeinsmd said:

:roflmao:

You will appreciate this...:smile:

Dear Amy:

When we married, my husband and I split the chores along traditional lines. He did the outside jobs and I did the inside. I was content with my household chores in the summer, when there was grass for him to mow, shrubs to prune, etc.

But when fall came, I was always furious as I spent my Saturday cleaning and doing laundry while he sat on the couch and watched football. After my repeated nagging for him to help, he finally replied, "You just do too much. Quit doing what's not important."

Well, his laundry was not important to me, so I quit doing it.

It took a few days of his being upset when he didn't have a clean shirt or socks, but I stood firm and he started being responsible for his own laundry. He has done this now for more than 20 years.

I do, on occasion, throw his wash in the washer, fold his clothes or iron his shirts. But when I do, I don't mind at all, as it is a choice rather than an obligation. He always thanks me.

Likewise, I thank him if he changes the oil in my car.

Works for Us

Well done. Can we all agree that grown-ups should at least do their own laundry? I fail to see how any able-bodied person can't take care of his or her own clothing. Kids of both sexes should be trained in laundry technology as soon as they are old enough to reach the knobs on the dryer.

kwillia said:
:roflmao:

You will appreciate this...:smile:

Dear Amy:

When we married, my husband and I split the chores along traditional lines. He did the outside jobs and I did the inside. I was content with my household chores in the summer, when there was grass for him to mow, shrubs to prune, etc.

But when fall came, I was always furious as I spent my Saturday cleaning and doing laundry while he sat on the couch and watched football. After my repeated nagging for him to help, he finally replied, "You just do too much. Quit doing what's not important."

Well, his laundry was not important to me, so I quit doing it.

It took a few days of his being upset when he didn't have a clean shirt or socks, but I stood firm and he started being responsible for his own laundry. He has done this now for more than 20 years.

I do, on occasion, throw his wash in the washer, fold his clothes or iron his shirts. But when I do, I don't mind at all, as it is a choice rather than an obligation. He always thanks me.

Likewise, I thank him if he changes the oil in my car.

Works for Us

Well done. Can we all agree that grown-ups should at least do their own laundry? I fail to see how any able-bodied person can't take care of his or her own clothing. Kids of both sexes should be trained in laundry technology as soon as they are old enough to reach the knobs on the dryer.

I do all of the laundry at our house, but my husband irons his own clothes. :yay:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
bresamil said:

And BG I think they price assuming all men's shirts are cotton and all women's shirts are of a more delicate material. They should price by material only.
ALL of the shirts were cotton.

Next time, I'm gonna have Bob drop them off so that the attendant will assume that they are all men's clothing items and price them accordingly, even the weird green blouse and the raspberry-colored one with the lace-up front panel. :lol:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
BadGirl said:
ALL of the shirts were cotton.

Next time, I'm gonna have Bob drop them off so that the attendant will assume that they are all men's clothing items and price them accordingly, even the weird green blouse and the raspberry-colored one with the lace-up front panel. :lol:
Have him wear a "puffy" shirt when doing so!

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
bresamil said:

I heard you met my better half and my OLDER sister... :lmao:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Dupontster said:
I heard you met my better half and my OLDER sister... :lmao:
OMG! Fancy introduced her as your wife and me, being me, said "I'm sorry." She gave me such a look! Fancy and I were laughing and she just didn't know what to make of the situation. :lmao:

Vince

Mikeinsmd said:

:killingme

Mikeinsmd

bresamil said:
OMG! Fancy introduced her as your wife and me, being me, said "I'm sorry." She gave me such a look! Fancy and I were laughing and she just didn't know what to make of the situation. :lmao:
If "we" indicates you were talking to my sister, I retract my 3-some post. :yikes: :faint:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BadGirl said:
Why is it that, at the dry cleaners, it costs significantly more to iron a women's blouse than to press a man's shirt?

This morning, I took 9 of my blouses to the cleaners, as well as 9 of Bob's shirts. The receipt shows that Bob's shirts cost a total of $13.50 to iron ($1.50 per shirt), whereas it costs $35.55 for my blouses ($3.95 per shirt). It's the same number of items for both of us, but why is it that my bill will be so much higher than his bill?

There has got to be a logical explanation for the price disparity, but I just can't see what that might be.

Does anybody have a more reasonably priced cleaner that they can recommend (in the LexPk area)? Ordinarily, I just iron the shirts myself, but I'm just too strapped for time these days.

Thanks!

Looking at the title of the thread. I was wondering..
"What did I do (or not do) now???"