Why? Why? Why? I just don't understand...

ponchie

I'm not being sarcastic, but didn't you ask the cleaners why the difference in price?
They all charge the same whether you just have the garments pressed or cleaned. Men's shirts are laundered and pressed, woman's blouses are dry cleaned and pressed. That's the difference in price.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
ponchie said:
I'm not being sarcastic, but didn't you ask the cleaners why the difference in price?
They all charge the same whether you just have the garments pressed or cleaned. Men's shirts are laundered and pressed, woman's blouses are dry cleaned and pressed. That's the difference in price.
Cool. Thanks for the reply. No, I didn't ask the cleaners when I dropped off the items this morning....I was in a rush, handed my bag o' clothes to the attendant, and walked out with the receipt in my hand. I didn't notice the price of the service until I verified the pick-up time of my clothes. My bad.

See....your response makes sense. Again, thanks! :yay:

ponchie

BadGirl said:
Cool. Thanks for the reply. No, I didn't ask the cleaners when I dropped off the items this morning....I was in a rush, handed my bag o' clothes to the attendant, and walked out with the receipt in my hand. I didn't notice the price of the service until I verified the pick-up time of my clothes. My bad.

See....your response makes sense. Again, thanks! :yay:

Glad I could help. I thought maybe I would come across as sarcastic.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Mikeinsmd said:
she is charged a surcharge for not living up to her womanly duties.

There was a time when "womanly duties" referred to something other than dry cleaning.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
They wash the mens shirts and D/C the ladies and thats why it costs more. EVEN if you want them WASHED they will still charge you that much. Stupid...

Mikeinsmd

Mikeinsmd said:
Simple BG, the woman is suppose to do the ironing and since she elected to neglect her duties by taking the shirts/blouses to the dry cleaners, she is charged a surcharge for not living up to her womanly duties.

You're welcome. Anything else you wanna know, just ask. :yay:
Why? Why? Why? I jus... 11-07-2006 02:59 PM You are a sexist bigot and an idiot, Ping

Wassa matta Pingy boy? :bawl:

Mikeinsmd said:
Why? Why? Why? I jus... 11-07-2006 02:59 PM You are a sexist bigot and an idiot, Ping

Wassa matta Pingy boy? :bawl:

What makes you think he didn't mean it as a compliment...:confused:

morganj614

I only read the first post so here is my answer as to why..

Men usually cover their shirts up with a jacket, suitcoat or sweater. Therefore, the shirt stays clean :banana:

Women, on the other hand, are always dropping food on their boobs and making a mess on their clothes:drool: their shirts cost more to clean...:yay:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I have tried to iron womens shirts before and because they aren't tailored like mens shirts, they are just a bit harder to press. They have weird cuts in some cases that make it difficult to just lay flat and press quickly. They just don't lay flat like mens shirts do all the time. Just my put on the issue.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
morganj614 said:
Women, on the other hand, are always dropping food on their boobs and making a mess on their clothes:drool: their shirts cost more to clean...:yay:

I have a solution - women can eat their meals topless, so we men could lick the dropped food off of your boobs.