Why.....

Beta84

They're out to get us
Try pouring the detergent directly in the water and not over the clothes... :cheesy:

That's a good point. I would always put the load in first, then determine how much detergent I needed. I know that's opposite of how it's supposed to be done, but I can't eye a load of laundry before it's put in. So of course, I would pour my blue detergent on top of white clothing and they would end up coming out with some blue on the spots where I poured detergent. :doh:

FED_UP

Try pouring the detergent directly in the water and not over the clothes... :cheesy:

How can liquid detergent stain your clothes, water dissovles the detergent, unless your not smart enough to make sure there is enough water in the load. I normally pour the detergent in first anyway.

FED_UP

I dont know... but it does. :coffee:

Hmmm strange, well you got some work cut out for you, you will have to stop the load of whites I take it, or bright colors after each stage and pull the whitest/brightest things out and look for the stains to see exaclty when it occurs between softener and the regular wash. Once you get that forensic science done you should know what the problem is. :yahoo: So for one day out of your life you have to sit by the washer and not on the couch eating bon bons and watching Sprenger. :jerry:

Hmmm strange, well you got some work cut out for you, you will have to stop the load of whites I take it, or bright colors after each stage and pull the whitest/brightest things out and look for the stains to see exaclty when it occurs between softener and the regular wash. Once you get that forensic science done you should know what the problem is. :yahoo: So for one day out of your life you have to sit by the washer and not on the couch eating bon bons and watching Sprenger. :jerry:

:eyebrow: I was not the original poster... I was just offering up my advice. I do not have problems with my washer. :coffee:

toppick08

That's a good point. I would always put the load in first, then determine how much detergent I needed. I know that's opposite of how it's supposed to be done, but I can't eye a load of laundry before it's put in. So of course, I would pour my blue detergent on top of white clothing and they would end up coming out with some blue on the spots where I poured detergent. :doh:

Wash your whites in hot water with bleach, rinse in cold....then add bluing for the final rinse(make sure it touches all water, no clothes).....will make the whities pop with brightness.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Wash your whites in hot water with bleach, rinse in cold....then add bluing for the final rinse(make sure it touches all water, no clothes).....will make the whities pop with brightness.

hmm i may try that, thanks!