Wi-Fi

lamx

I plan to buy a Palm TX that is advertised as Wi-Fi enabled. Besides the public library and Starbucks, are there any other hot spots in St. Mary's county?

Ed

J

juggy4805

lamx said:
I plan to buy a Palm TX that is advertised as Wi-Fi enabled. Besides the public library and Starbucks, are there any other hot spots in St. Mary's county?

Ed

I was looking at that one too. I'm trying to decide between the TX or the E2 Tungsten.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bunch of WI-Fi in St Mary's and Calvert.. you can usually pick up a network in most hotel parking lots, library, SMHEC (but you have to be close to the building) CSM campuses..

AND there is a pay for wi-fi service called SOMD wireless. I don't see it down here in WAAAAY southern MD, but could pick it up at my house in Solomons.

Why not get a smart phone, get wi-fi when you can, and when you don't have wi-fi you get EVDO for internet access, and you only carry one device, your phone, instead of a phone and a Palm.

Prices shoule be about the same out of the box, the high speed internet connection is a monthly fee, but if you want to depend on wi-fi, that's free.