Wicomico Shores GC

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Walked 9 today, felt good, played like crap:ohwell: I'm pushing everything and can't figure out why. Must mean I have to play more to figure it out.:wink:

BUT, the new clubhouse is VERY nice the draft beer is nice and cold (I allowed myself 1) and the menu looks promising. $7 pitchers :yikes::yay:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Walked 9 today, felt good, played like crap:ohwell: I'm pushing everything and can't figure out why. Must mean I have to play more to figure it out.:wink:

BUT, the new clubhouse is VERY nice the draft beer is nice and cold (I allowed myself 1) and the menu looks promising. $7 pitchers :yikes::yay:
Their wings are awesome! They make their own buffalo sauce. The lunch sammiches are great too.

It'll still be dark out there, no? :lmao:

:lol: It should be just starting to get light. They moved the opening time up to 6 last weekend, and it was a little dark when we teed off. This weekend it should be a little better, and by next weekend it should be fine.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Is it the eigth or ninth hole, a Par 3, where you hit an iron, around a 160 yards out there; it's a dogleg to the right, and the next thing you know, there's an elevated green that sits in front of you, across from a pond - about 60 yards away? It is surrounded by a a hill, I remember, too.

Whoa! Yeeoww! :lmao:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Walked 9 today, felt good, played like crap:ohwell: I'm pushing everything and can't figure out why. Must mean I have to play more to figure it out.:wink: Tis that time of year. Although there are the dedicated ones that are 365 like my hubby. If the course is open he's playing / walking 9 at least.......

Their wings are awesome! They make their own buffalo sauce. The lunch sammiches are great too.

will voice my opinion after playing 18 there their next tourney. Looking forward to it totally!

Is it the eigth or ninth hole, a Par 3, where you hit an iron, around a 160 yards out there; it's a dogleg to the right, and the next thing you know, there's an elevated green that sits in front of you, across from a pond - about 60 yards away? It is surrounded by a a hill, I remember, too.

Beautiful course! I love the view from several holes! O.K. don't ask me to be specific! I can't, as I don't play often enough! But hubby does. At least once a week......

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

#9 and it's a par 4.
4 iron or 22* hybrid let it trickle down to the flat area above the pond but below the fairway. This leaves you 100-120 out. 9I or 52* wedge into the elevated green.
*Use more club for elevated greens.*

:lol: It should be just starting to get light. They moved the opening time up to 6 last weekend, and it was a little dark when we teed off. This weekend it should be a little better, and by next weekend it should be fine.

It's still pushing it a little teeing off at 6 - but, by next week, it'll be fine. Of course, it won't be long before they move the first tee time up to 5:30. I had my first halfway decent round of the year.

Does anyone have any idea what was going on at the house on the water by the 13th hole? There were multiple ambulances/fire trucks/rescue vehicles there, and the helicopter landed to fly someone out (I assume) while we were playing the 13th hole (around 8AM). Whatever happened, I hope it turns out as well as possible.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
#9 and it's a par 4.
4 iron or 22* hybrid let it trickle down to the flat area above the pond but below the fairway. This leaves you 100-120 out. 9I or 52* wedge into the elevated green.
*Use more club for elevated greens.*

Come to think about it- you are right. It's a Par 4, I used a 5 or 6 iron for the tee shot. Then a 9 iron to the green. Hopefully a 2 putt.

I never made Par on that darned hole. Double-bogeyed it the 1st time, and one over the other 2 times I played that course.

Tilted, how'd you make out on #9?

Come to think about it- you are right. It's a Par 4, I used a 5 or 6 iron for the tee shot. Then a 9 iron to the green. Hopefully a 2 putt.

I never made Par on that darned hole. Double-bogeyed it the 1st time, and one over the other 2 times I played that course.

Tilted, how'd you make out on #9?

I parred it on Saturday and bogeyed it in Sunday. Normally, I don't really like that hole much - many a decent front 9 has been lost there. But, this weekend they had the tees down below the hill, which makes the hole play completely different for me. The fairway is opened up a lot to a slight fade, and it becomes just a question of controlling distance on the approach.

Let me know if you need another playa! I need to get out there.

Will do. I doubt we will need a player this weekend, but we play every weekend. Only one problem - we play at 6AM - a lot of people don't like to play that early.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Will do. I doubt we will need a player this weekend, but we play every weekend. Only one problem - we play at 6AM - a lot of people don't like to play that early.

Uh-huh! Tell me about it!

My coffee pot is still doing it's thing at that early hour! :killingme