Wide Leg Pants- Love 'em or Hate 'em?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Roberta said:
Thoses look like Bell Bottoms, not wide leg pants.
The pants I own are not bell bottoms, I certainly know the difference. They are the same width, from hip to ankle.

B

Bronwyn

elaine said:
Skinny jeans are hideous.

I haven't worn skinny jeans since I was in High School. The ones where you had to lay down on the bed to get them on and they fit like spandex? :lmao: The jeans I wear now are tighter on the top and flared out a little from the knees down. Now that I've hit the "30" mark, I don't know what is appropriate for my age group to wear. I really don't know if I like the hip hugger jeans.

Lilypad

Terps said:
What do you think? I wasn't sure whether I liked them, but saw the cutest Free People pair of wide legs at Lord and Taylor and I'm thinking about giving them a try. (and they're definitely better than the skinny jeans, which I can't wear!) Just not sure what kind of top put with them- any ideas?
Rib tickler and platforms :lmao:

Terps

These are the ones I saw at L&T that I've been thinking about:

24031320_D1.jpg

They're not super wide....what do you think?

jetmonkey

I only like them if they drag the ground. You shouldn't be able to see any shoe/foot at all. And the bottom should be frayed and filthy :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
The pants I own are not bell bottoms, I certainly know the difference. They are the same width, from hip to ankle.
They look like flares/bells to me. But that's probably because wide-leg paints on me actually ARE wide. :lol:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I used to think that wide legs only looked good on tall people, but I discovered they look good on me too! :lol: I now love this style. Try them on and see how they fit. If you feel good in them, then go for it.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
They look like flares/bells to me. But that's probably because wide-leg paints on me actually ARE wide. :lol:
Perhaps that wasn't the best example, because the pants in my closet are definitely not flares. :lol:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Nickel said:
I never wore them. :lol: I have a pair now, but they're on the minimal side of wide. Like this, but not as strange. :lol:

I have a pair of jean similar to those from the gap. I don't like them too wide, they look kinda funny on me.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I LOVE wide leg slacks but don't care for the style in jeans. VS and Express make a lot of really cute ones. I don't care for flat shoes with them at all.