Wife Dies, Husband Wins Lottery Next Day

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I wish they had of elaborated a bit more on the when of the story. It reads as though he ran out and got scratch offs the day after his wife died. I hope thats not the case. Can't imagine someone thinking of lottery at a time like that. :frown:

:coffee:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I was going to title this “Man Wins Lottery Twice In Two Days” but someone might tell my wife. :ohwell:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
That's why I stopped buying lottery tickets until my divorce is final.
After your divorce, and after your substantial lottery win, you will need a girlfriend. May I graciously apply for that position? :blushing:

SoMDGirl42

That's why I stopped buying lottery tickets until my divorce is final.

Don't want to take a chance on her getting half the winnings?

Shiat, I'd give my ex 1/2 the winnings if I could hit the lottery. 1/2 is better than none!

MMDad

Lem Putt
After your divorce, and after your substantial lottery win, you will need a girlfriend. May I graciously apply for that position? :blushing:

As long as you don't bring :gossip: with you. But you can still live with him when we're not busy. :biggrin:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Don't want to take a chance on her getting half the winnings?

Shiat, I'd give my ex 1/2 the winnings if I could hit the lottery. 1/2 is better than none!

By that point in the marriage a lot of people are willing to cut off their nose to spite their face. I've seen people quit the Navy, rather than retire, to keep the ex from getting a piece of their retirement.

MMDad

Lem Putt
By that point in the marriage a lot of people are willing to cut off their nose to spite their face. I've seen people quit the Navy, rather than retire, to keep the ex from getting a piece of their retirement.

We're not really that bad. Just joking about the lottery thing. We're being very civil - she's not trying to take my retirement, I let her have her Lexus, I'm not making her pay child support, and we aren't fighting over the kids. No hate and animosity, it's just over and time to move on.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wish they had of elaborated a bit more on the when of the story. It reads as though he ran out and got scratch offs the day after his wife died. I hope thats not the case. Can't imagine someone thinking of lottery at a time like that. :frown:

:coffee:

I could see how that would make some fellers feel lucky... ;-p

SG_Player1974

We're not really that bad. Just joking about the lottery thing. We're being very civil - she's not trying to take my retirement, I let her have her Lexus, I'm not making her pay child support, and we aren't fighting over the kids. No hate and animosity, it's just over and time to move on.

You need to count your lucky stars 1%'er. Custody of the kids, civil ex, keeping retirement, and no fighting. Sounds like you already HIT THE LOTTERY!!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I wonder what the 3rd thing will be?

Probably that the gov't will say that the late wife was alive when he purchased the ticket thus her estate is entitled to half of those earnings thereby making him pay estate taxes on her share.