Wii Fit

GetFitBeHealthy

Best Buy got a bunch of them in yesterday but I am pretty sure they sold out quicky. The best thing to do is just ask when you go to Best Buy, Walmart, Target. A lot of the time they do not put all of them on the shelves and keep them in the back.

MrX

High Octane
Best Buy got a bunch of them in yesterday but I am pretty sure they sold out quicky. The best thing to do is just ask when you go to Best Buy, Walmart, Target. A lot of the time they do not put all of them on the shelves and keep them in the back.

Very true, I bought Wii Fit the day it was released. Stopped by Walmart in Dunkirk on the way home from work, saw none on the shelf. I asked the clerk, she went in the back and brought one out for me.

qbee

I went into Best Buy yesterday and had no luck :/

Are they really that interactive? Do you think you can get a good workout from the Wii Fit?

MrX

High Octane

Are they really that interactive? Do you think you can get a good workout from the Wii Fit?

Quite a few of the activites will not only get your blood pumping, but they're pretty fun too.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Quite a few of the activites will not only get your blood pumping, but they're pretty fun too.

I'm guessing lots of pilates/yoga moves. I will ask for it for my birthday in November right at the time my gym membership ends. Gives BF enough time to find it doncha think?

MrX

High Octane
I'm guessing lots of pilates/yoga moves. I will ask for it for my birthday in November right at the time my gym membership ends. Gives BF enough time to find it doncha think?

it has different excercises, yoga, strengthening, balance, aerobic, etc. the more you use it, more activities you unlock. Most of them are fun, especially if a few people are using it as it becomes competitive. He should be able to find it by November :lol:

warneckutz

I think it's ok at first. For me, the novelty wore off for the most part and I just do the balance test and weight just to keep track of things.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I think it's ok at first. For me, the novelty wore off for the most part and I just do the balance test and weight just to keep track of things.

I feel the same about gaming systems period. Now that we have had the wii for almost a month it seems I have tired of it already. Unless BF is home to beat up on boxing I could care less. I have better things to do like post comedic douchebaggery here on SOMD online.
:larry:

D

doubt_me

We just got the Wii today and it looks like you need a hard floor to use the Wii Fit. :ohwell: That blows, we have carpet.

buy one of those mats that you put under a computer chair?

...btw i didn't read the whole thread. if someone said it, sorry.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
buy one of those mats that you put under a computer chair?

...btw i didn't read the whole thread. if someone said it, sorry.

Every pic I saw of this thing there was a hard floor under, I guess its so they can advertise it easier :shrug:

Apparently there are carpet pegs that extend from the bottom but those in addition to the office chair mats would work great. Thanks! :high5:

sn315on

Southern Gal
Love the Wii Fit. I've been just adding my workouts to it lately, but hopefully I can get back to doing the hula hoops and the ski jumps. :)

Last edited:

tirdun

staring into the abyss
For carpet issues a friend uses a cheap welcome mat. It's got a rubber back and dense carpet on the top. Seems to work fine, I guess she didn't like the carpet pegs.

Friend of the kids has berber carpet and it seems to be perfectly happy on top of it.

sn315on

Southern Gal
We have berber and it works fine. We didn't have to use the extension things either. I think that's for thick carpet.