Will a black rat snake bite?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's really cool is going through the basement and finding skins wrapped around everything. You find like 30 foot of one and it's missing the head end so, you really don't know how big he was. Is. It's like well, you know he WAS there. Now, is he STILL there and, if so, where and, if not...where? Wires, pipes, everything, every crawl space, hidey hole...every...where...

Are you talking about in the barn basement or the farmhouse basement??? Please say the barn because I really REALLY!!! don't want to think about all the nights I slept soundly in that farmhouse with some freaking 30 foot snake watching me.

Barn, right??

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What's really cool is going through the basement and finding skins wrapped around everything. You find like 30 foot of one and it's missing the head end so, you really don't know how big he was. Is. It's like well, you know he WAS there. Now, is he STILL there and, if so, where and, if not...where? Wires, pipes, everything, every crawl space, hidey hole...every...where...

:evil:

Now you are just being meam! :smack:

And I don't have a basement, thank goodness. :coffee:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Snake bites can be nasty as they sometimes carry protozoa leading to tapeworm, roundworm, salmonella and snake mites.

Hessian

So I am looking for...

things to keep me busy while working at Merkel Wildlife Sanctuary a few years ago.

I noticed that some weeds had taken hold in the front gutter-time to clean the gutters!

Grabbing a bucket, a ladder,...I climbed up to the "paint-bucket shelf" level ...and stretched up to start scooping out the gutter debris (could NOT see inside the gutter)...

yeah, you're right: I grabbed the middle of a cue-ball thick black snake that was sunning himself. WHOA!! I did NOT fall off the ladder,...but I was, um, hesitant to return to groping through the gutter-muck while tottering on the 8 ft ladder.
He was pissed that I interrupted his sun-routine.

I do like snakes,...fed them regularly at the park, handled them with visitors.
I do NOT like surprises with snakes.