Will Wildewood change?

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Thank you. As a new grad...those townhouses are only a bit less than what I could qualify for and comfortably afford. I have no idea why anyone would want to discourage people from owning their own home. ..or assume that someone who wanted to buy an affordable townhome would be a "gang member." Because I am just SURE that all of these folks moved right out from their parent's house into a mansion.:sarcasm:

To show the difference, when I moved out of my parents house, Wildewood was too expensive. It was considered a place for the elite to live.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
I always thought that's why Wildwood's prices for their houses were so expensive. I guess Stanley Martin made their money. Like all other builders they aren't doing so well and the figure what the heck... Money is money.

C

CTBburn

Good, it sounds like some of you could really use a good lesson about the benefits of diversity.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Good, it sounds like some of you could really use a good lesson about the benefits of diversity.

Diversity makes the best communities... :buddies:

Neighborhoods with only one ethnic group have 1 of 2 things by their own doing. The best of everything, or the worse... :coffee:

Wow. I live in one of the Wildewood townhouses. I really love it. I think my neighbors are great and I enjoy regular jogs and walks around the neighborhood. I am a little put off by the judgment. We are really nice, good, hardworking and considerate people. We keep a very tidy household. I hope this attitude that less money/smaller homes = criminals/trash/whatever is not indicative of the opinion of the entire community.

Obviously haven't lived in this area very long!

CrashTest

Looks like there are 8-9 single family homes for sale in WW right now. Almost unheard of. Normally it's 1-2. I guess folks have been reading this thread.

CrashTest

Looks like Stanley Martin just lowered the price on all their single family homes in WW by about $30,000. Singles with 2 car garage can now be had for $250's. Looks like those folks are single handedly destroying home values in all of WW.

newgirl

I doubt that Stanley Martin is trying to destroy the neighborhood, since they are relying on Wildewood's reputation to sell their product.

As for the home prices decreasing, have you already forgotten about the housing bubble that recently burst? It is a readjustment back to reality of the true value of the property and homes.

CrashTest

I doubt that Stanley Martin is trying to destroy the neighborhood, since they are relying on Wildewood's reputation to sell their product.

As for the home prices decreasing, have you already forgotten about the housing bubble that recently burst? It is a readjustment back to reality of the true value of the property and homes.

I know all about the bubble but there are still a lot of folks who think the bubble burst is over and we are poised to see another spike in home values. Might be waiting a while.

Sydney

I know all about the bubble but there are still a lot of folks who think the bubble burst is over and we are poised to see another spike in home values. Might be waiting a while.

There can't be a spike in home sales when the majority of sales are foreclosures!