Will you get a harp?

seekeroftruth

Revelation 15:1 I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues—last, because with them God’s wrath is completed. 2 And I saw what looked like a sea of glass glowing with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and its image and over the number of its name. They held harps given them by God 3 and sang the song of God’s servant Moses and of the Lamb:
“Great and marvelous are your deeds,
Lord God Almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
King of the nations.
4 Who will not fear you, Lord,
and bring glory to your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed.”
5 After this I looked, and I saw in heaven the temple—that is, the tabernacle of the covenant law—and it was opened. 6 Out of the temple came the seven angels with the seven plagues. They were dressed in clean, shining linen and wore golden sashes around their chests. 7 Then one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven golden bowls filled with the wrath of God, who lives for ever and ever. 8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from his power, and no one could enter the temple until the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed.
Well, let's go to the commentary.

I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous: Revelation 14 seemed to describe the consummation of all things, ending with the fury of the Battle of Armageddon. But now John will go back and describe God’s judgment in more detail. This idea of stating and re-stating in more detail is common with prophecy, and with Hebrew literature in general (see Genesis 1:1-2:7 and Genesis 2:8-25).​
“As is the plan of the prophet, he reviews, he recapitulates, he enlarges upon the scene he has already sketched.” (Erdman)​
Remember, we already saw what seemed to be the end in Revelation 6:12-17. Then John took us over the same material in greater detail again. This reminds us that Revelation is not strictly chronological in its arrangement.​
Those who have victory over the beast: These are those who were victorious over the beast through their faithfulness unto death. They are the tribulation martyrs, described in Revelation 7:9-17.​
Having harps of God: The only people seen with harps before were the twenty-four elders (Revelation 5:8). These tribulation martyrs are given the blessing of worshipping God with music in heaven.​
They sing the song of Moses: Only one song is sung, but this song goes by two titles (the song of Moses and the song of the Lamb). The two titles refer to a single song. Here is a perfect union between law and love, between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant.​
Out of the temple came the seven angels having the seven plagues: These angels bring God’s judgment. It is significant that they came directly from heavenly temple, from the presence and throne of God. They do not act on their own authority, but God’s.​
No one was able to enter the temple till the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed: This declares that judgment was now irreversible. Nothing could hinder it any longer, because access to this temple in heaven would not long be denied.​
Since most people are still "working age". I will assume that most of those who take the time to read this are still "working for the man". They are all looking forward to retirement.

Let me tell you.... retirement ain't no picnic! It's BORING!

Look at verse 2. Those who hold out .... until the very last minute... are still saved... but they get BORED for eternity.

They get to play the harp and sing the same song over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... Well, you get the picture.

If you wait until the very last minute.... before accepting Jesus as your Savior, you will be assigned to the harpists squad. Sure... it'll be Heaven... but sitting at a harp and playing one song.... over and over and over.... oh bother.... that's BORING.

Don't worry though.... it's Heaven.... The food is excellent, the view is spectacular. Even a boring life in Heaven is heavenly... right?

Even a boring tired song is magnificent in Heaven... it's heavenly!

Will you get a harp?

:coffee: