William Shatner, 90, is headed to space

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Blue Origin launch live stream: William Shatner forced to wait extra 30 mins for lift-off due to windy weather

Blue Origin is preparing to launch William Shatner into space today aboard its New Shepard rocket.

The Star Trek actor will boldly go where no 90-year-old has gone before, becoming the oldest person to ever fly to space.

The New Shepard NS-18 flight was originally scheduled for Tuesday but was delayed due to windy weather at the Texas launch site.

The lift-off has been rescheduled for 9am CDT (3pm BST), with a live stream of the mission beginning 90 minutes before the launch - available at the top of this page.

Wind delay???

Where's Scotty when you need him?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Meanwhile...

Reactions: BOP

warneckutz

"Unlike the recent SpaceX mission, each of today’s four crew members has a window seat.
The design of the New Shepard capsule is curtailed to space tourists, as the entire flight is automated. There are no controls or anything else that crew members have to worry about - except in emergency - so they can sit back and enjoy the view."

609f8989b230a9be18d662d01e8df79f5bf1a3a8068f4612ea63dace3d609525.gif

stgislander

PREMO Member
I think they need to work on the chute release mechanism if that's why they were yanking so much on the lines.

Clem72

"Unlike the recent SpaceX mission, each of today’s four crew members has a window seat.
The design of the New Shepard capsule is curtailed to space tourists, as the entire flight is automated. There are no controls or anything else that crew members have to worry about - except in emergency - so they can sit back and enjoy the view."

609f8989b230a9be18d662d01e8df79f5bf1a3a8068f4612ea63dace3d609525.gif

If the controls are completely automated, then none of them get their wings right? Shatner not an astronaut.

More importantly, if they crash do they call the Hurt Line?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm thinking how they missed an opportunity here by not getting the remaining original cast members to go up together.

OHHHHHHhhhhhhhh MYYYYYyyyyyyyyy.....!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm thinking how they missed an opportunity here by not getting the remaining original cast members to go up together.

OHHHHHHhhhhhhhh MYYYYYyyyyyyyyy.....!
I had to look up to see which ones were still alive.

Only Kirk, Sulu, Chekov and Uhura remain.

Four alive, four seats. :yay: