Willie Nelson Is Changing His Tune

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/2/14/213743.shtml?s=icp

Country music outlaw Willie Nelson sang "Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys" and "My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys" more than 25 years ago.

He released a very different sort of cowboy anthem this Valentine's Day.

"Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly (Fond of Each Other)" may be the first gay cowboy song by a major recording artist. But it was written long before this year's Oscar-nominated "Brokeback Mountain" made gay cowboys a hot topic. Available exclusively through iTunes, the song features choppy Tex-Mex style guitar runs and Nelson's deadpan delivery of lines like, "What did you think all them saddles and boots was about?" and "Inside every cowboy there's a lady who'd love to slip out."

:faint: :faint: :faint:

BuddyLee

Football addict
The only things in Texas are steers and queers and you don't look like no steer.

- Full Metal Jacket

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I didn't realize Nelson had a sense of humor about cowboys.

Rev. Horton Heat already did a song on this theme:

I wanna go two steppin',
With a good lookin' big black buck,
I want him to come and pick me up in his Chevrolet pick-up truck,
And when we're on the dance floor his hat will rise high above,
It's inter-racial cowboy homo kind of love.

Tall of course dark and handsome,
A gentlemen in every way,
A true cow poke in every sense of the word,
We really go to work in the hay.

A bronc bustin' bull ridin' tiger,
Yet peaceful as a dove,
It's inter-racial cowboy homo kind of love

I know that us as a couple,
Will cause talk but I wouldn't mind,
Those cowboys will be pea green with envy,
When they see his cute behind.

That's why each night by the campfire,
I thank my lucky stars above,
For inter-racial cowboy homo kind of love.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Say it ain't so Willie!

Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have
Maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
If I made you feel second best
Boy, I'm sorry I was blind

You were always on my behind

Maybe I didn't hold you
All those lonely, lonely times
And I guess I never told you
I'm so happy that you're mine
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time

Tell me, tell me that your
Sweet love hasn't died
And give me
Give me one more chance
To keep you satisfied
satisfied

Little things I should have
Said and done
I just never took the time

You were always on my behind....

YIKE

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

...think about it. Ol' Mic and David Bowie supposedly went for a roll or two and look at their careers. Mic and Keef tonguing each other on SNL.

So, why not Willie and Waylon? And Kristofferson? Johnny seemed to spend an awful lot of time hanging around prisons...

Long, lonely bus rides from town to town...

Imagine if for all them years people been beating up hippes and queers to the sounds of...bare and broke back Country and Western legends!?

In the immortal words of Gunnery Sgt. Hartman...

"Holy Jesus!"

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Did ya'll notice in the article where it said:

"The song, which debuted Tuesday on Howard Stern's satellite radio show, was written by Texas-born singer-songwriter Ned Sublette in 1981. Sublette said he wrote it during the Urban Cowboy craze and always imagined Nelson singing it."

So, this happening has been 25 years in the making.

Timing is everything?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You sure know...

bresamil said:
I know. I also have a friend who said he'd go gay for Ted Nugent. I think I'm surrounded by closet bisexuals. :lmao:

...how to pick 'em, huh?

If I were gay I'd be a lesbian. I have no clue how women stand us.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
Rev. Horton Heat already did a song on this theme:
I love Rev. Horton Heat :lol:

No comment about Willie and his song - he's been unusual for a long time now. He's going to have to work some to surprise me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, I've changed my mind. Willie Nelson is a jerk and he and his song both suck.

Brokeback Mountain tells the story of two cowboys, it doesn't paint every single one of them with the same brush. Nelson's song, however, says that all cowboys are homosexuals and is obviously intended to offend and insult.

So screw him - he's an ass. I hope the Rodeo Associations sue him until he bleeds from his eyeballs.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Larry Gude said:
...think about it. Ol' Mic and David Bowie supposedly went for a roll or two and look at their careers. Mic and Keef tonguing each other on SNL.

So, why not Willie and Waylon? And Kristofferson? Johnny seemed to spend an awful lot of time hanging around prisons...

Long, lonely bus rides from town to town...

Imagine if for all them years people been beating up hippes and queers to the sounds of...bare and broke back Country and Western legends!?

In the immortal words of Gunnery Sgt. Hartman...

"Holy Jesus!"
Waylon would never. :smack: I've always suspected Willie. :razz:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I think Willie may have just signed his resignation from the Country and Western singers. Can you say Dixie Chicks? I think ol' Willie forgot his roots for political correctness and may find that his records are not so popular anymore and that his concerts have more guys in pink at them.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
2ndAmendment said:
I think Willie may have just signed his resignation from the Country and Western singers. Can you say Dixie Chicks? I think ol' Willie forgot his roots for political correctness and may find that his records are not so popular anymore and that his concerts have more guys in pink at them.
If he didn't write the song, is he performing it as a kind of parody? Weird Al style?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
bresamil said:
If he didn't write the song, is he performing it as a kind of parody? Weird Al style?
I don't think it will matter to C&W fans. Unless things have changed drastically on the C&W scene, Willie's career is pretty much over.