Willie Nelson Is Changing His Tune

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
bresamil said:
If he didn't write the song, is he performing it as a kind of parody? Weird Al style?
That would my guess. Many gay activists claim that all homophobes and ultra-macho types are closeted gays or in denial about their homosexuality. That sounds ludicrous, and I suspect that the songwriter was making fun of that attitude.

Besides, comedians for years have been doing jokes about tough types turning out to be gay. Remember Eddie Murphy's routine about Mr. T?

B

blueeyedtyrant

Tonio said:
That would my guess. Many gay activists claim that all homophobes and ultra-macho types are closeted gays or in denial about their homosexuality. That sounds ludicrous, and I suspect that the songwriter was making fun of that attitude.

Besides, comedians for years have been doing jokes about tough types turning out to be gay. Remember Eddie Murphy's routine about Mr. T?

i'm sure thats some sort of sampling would Willy really do that to his song?Maybe he smokes alot of pot.Oh and Waylon is dead.Turning over in his grave.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bresamil said:
If he didn't write the song, is he performing it as a kind of parody? Weird Al style?
It didn't seem so. The Rev. Horton Heat song is par for the course with them - they're a more obnoxious tongue-in-cheek band with album titles like "Liquor in the Front (Poker in the Rear)".

Willie has never been a parody guy - in fact, there's some doubt as to whether he even possesses a sense of humor at all.

It's more likely Willie did it because he's in financial trouble (again) and is hoping to make a little scratch by being controversial.

Last edited:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Apparently the song was originally done by a gay punk band, the Pansy Division. :lol: Rob Halford's Web site mentions that Rob made a guest appearance with them, singing "Breaking the Law."

fttrsbeerwench

Willie does have a sense of humor..I don't think he is trying to make a statement here.. He has always been a bit against the grain so it's no surprise to me at all that he would do a song like this..

Willie is my hero.. He makes me laugh!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Where you been?

blueeyedtyrant said:
i'm sure thats some sort of sampling would Willy really do that to his song?Maybe he smokes alot of pot.Oh and Waylon is dead.Turning over in his grave.

Willie is a legendary dope smoker. And Waylon is NOT dead; he's hangin' with Elvis.

willie

Attachments

• JohnWayne.gif
    JohnWayne.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 85
B

blueeyedtyrant

Larry Gude said:
Willie is a legendary dope smoker. And Waylon is NOT dead; he's hangin' with Elvis.

Sorry thats when comas come in handy,lol...it shoudl have been 'maybe,he smokes alot of pot.' Yeah I'm sure Waylon is with Elvis atleast in our hearts right?