Window Replacement Companies?

dorothydot

Hi there,

We need a new storm door and new windows... does anyone have any recommendations who to get them from, or who can install them?

And also - any suggestions on which companies to avoid?

Anything would be really helpful! We live in Great Mills - off Chancellor's Run Rd.

Thanks! :yahoo:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Marvin windows out of annapolis. These guys and the product is well worth the money.

Littlebit

Hi there,

We need a new storm door and new windows... does anyone have any recommendations who to get them from, or who can install them?

And also - any suggestions on which companies to avoid?

Anything would be really helpful! We live in Great Mills - off Chancellor's Run Rd.

Thanks! :yahoo:

We used A&M Glass down on Piney Point Rd at the bottom of Great Mills Rd and across from the Sheetz. Ron is just excellent to work with.
We had 14 regular size and one large picture window done and when they did them they averaged about 10 to 12 hours to do them all within weather permitting, they are energy effiecent double paned, tilt out for cleaning (top & bottom), with screen with all outside wood areas covered with aluminum. I think they were outstanding people to work with. Did not get a storm door but he does sell them.
I love them and also I did see a drastic heat and electric bill change for the better.

grn-thumb

I am having all the windows in my house replaced next week. I did a lot of research and talked to 6 different companies for estimates. All told, all of the products are very similar except for price. I chose a local company because I felt better about hiring someone local. I went with Southern Maryland Windows and Siding. I would avoid the bigger companies in the future due to the high pressure sales tactics. Especially Long Fence and Home, they called numerous times even after I told them I had signed with another company. Good Luck

OldHillcrestGuy

I am having all the windows in my house replaced next week. I did a lot of research and talked to 6 different companies for estimates. All told, all of the products are very similar except for price. I chose a local company because I felt better about hiring someone local. I went with Southern Maryland Windows and Siding. I would avoid the bigger companies in the future due to the high pressure sales tactics. Especially Long Fence and Home, they called numerous times even after I told them I had signed with another company. Good Luck

Southern Maryland Windows did my house about 10 years ago, excellent work. I also had several people come and give me an estimates, including Long's what a rip off they are, unless you want to pay twice what other companies charge.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
We used Bob Green - Bob Green Siding Co. - Southern Maryland's premier company for window replacement and siding.

They did a great job. They also did our siding, gutters, and soffit. :buddies:

I was not happy with the work they done on my gutters... The gutters on the front of my house are crooked and I spent the next day cleaning up their mess and cigarette butts all over. Big gutter nails laying all over. They smashed and broke a few flower pots. We did call the next day to complain... One worker stopped by 3 days later.. with an attitude.. asking where the mess is... Ummm, I cleaned it up 3 days ago! With his attitude, he went to the back deck and supposedly cleaned the mess up there. I went out there the next day and oops... my broom was busted in half! I give them a 2!!!!