Windows 10

C

Chuckt

Are you going to upgrade to Windows 10 or are you going to stay with XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Are you going to upgrade to Windows 10 or are you going to stay with XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8?

I'm going to upgrade. My daughter who is an absolute nerd doesn't like many OS's, but says this one is a really good one. She tried it in Beta and really liked it. I've got my reservation in.

C

Chuckt

Someone said something that made a lot of sense. He said to install Windows 10 on a different hard drive and to preserve your previous install and data. It makes sense that if there is a problem or you don't like it, you can always put the old hard drive back in.
This advice is only for those who are computer savvy. People who don't know what they are doing should probably not open up their computer and try this.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Someone said something that made a lot of sense. He said to install Windows 10 on a different hard drive and to preserve your previous install and data. It makes sense that if there is a problem or you don't like it, you can always put the old hard drive back in.
This advice is only for those who are computer savvy. People who don't know what they are doing should probably not open up their computer and try this.

that depends on how you get windows 10

if it comes as a 'Windows Update' then you will be installing it as an upgrade to your current OS, replacing whatever is installed 7 SP 1 or 8.1

if you possess the install in a DVD then the hard drive could be replaced with a new unit, and a Clean Install done.

the 'update' file can also be converted into an ISO

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-turn-your-windows-10-upgrade-into-an-iso/

Last edited: