Windshield wiper blades

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
My Jeep Cherokee is a 2017. I bought it used in May 2018. So at the most it was a year and a half old. Last week I replaced the wiper blades. The old blades weren't getting the job done. Now with 1 swipe, the windshield is clean. I would have thought the factory blades would have lasted more than 3 years.

I sure like a clean windshield. I don't know how some people roll down the road with windows with an 1/8 of an inch of buildup blocking their view.

Decades ago I use to get the triple wiper blades. Those things worked as advertised. I can't find them any more, so I guess they stopped making them. Has anyone seen them for sale recently?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My Jeep Cherokee is a 2017. I bought it used in May 2018. So at the most it was a year and a half old. Last week I replaced the wiper blades. The old blades weren't getting the job done. Now with 1 swipe, the windshield is clean. I would have thought the factory blades would have lasted more than 3 years.

I sure like a clean windshield. I don't know how some people roll down the road with windows with an 1/8 of an inch of buildup blocking their view.

Decades ago I use to get the triple wiper blades. Those things worked as advertised. I can't find them any more, so I guess they stopped making them. Has anyone seen them for sale recently?
I can't stand my windshield to be messy either!!! :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not wiper blades, but carwash mishap today! I didn't stop on time and I had to go around and through it a second time! :lol:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I did a search a yr or 2 ago, 99% of the wiper blades operate the same, and last a yr ... so spending loads of mony on a pair is a waster ..

The auto part guy thinks that the rain X helps lengthen the wiper blade life.
I don't know that it lengthens life, but it does keep crap from building up on the blade and keeps it more flexible. I use the Rain-X washer fluid and that works just as well as periodic treatments with Rain-X.

limblips

PREMO Member
I don't know that it lengthens life, but it does keep crap from building up on the blade and keeps it more flexible. I use the Rain-X washer fluid and that works just as well as periodic treatments with Rain-X.
Great input but I still like having the rain run off the whole windshield instead of just the wiper area. I think I will start using the fluid and get the best of both worlds.

Great input but I still like having the rain run off the whole windshield instead of just the wiper area. I think I will start using the fluid and get the best of both worlds.
When you spray the fluid, it gets the whole screen, not just the wiper area. My entire windscreen gets coated.