Winter shows in Calvert

Eventer29

Mom has decided that we are not busy enough this winter with our fun days and clinics, going out to shows , repairs around the farm...etc..She has decided to start up our winter shows again! (havent held any in a few years) We have had a few people lately asking if we would do them again this year, so we figure we'll give them a try. We have not set dates yet. But will likely have one in Dec, one in jan and one in Feb. They will def. be on Sundays. They will be pretty laid back and relaxed schooling shows, with casual but safe attire. Mostly english classes, jumping and speed classes. If there is enough interest we will also have a couple western classes. I will start making the class list soon. So let me know who might be interested and what type of classes. We used to have a lot of fun with these shows. They are great for the kids who are getting ready for their first spring shows, young green horses, and even the trail riders who want to do a little something different.
If we do not get enough interest/enough participants at the first show we will probably not do anymore.
Let me know of possible date conflicts, though I am too worried about that as most winter shows are far enough away from us that it wont really affect the turnout.
Feel free to PM me for any more info (course I can only give more info when we make the date/class decisions lol) I may be slow to answer. Not much computer time anymore since starting a new job at the Bowie training track :) Love the job but getting up at 4 and working there and then at home till about 9 dosent leave much free time.

Robin

Mom has decided that we are not busy enough this winter with our fun days and clinics, going out to shows , repairs around the farm...etc..She has decided to start up our winter shows again! (havent held any in a few years) We have had a few people lately asking if we would do them again this year, so we figure we'll give them a try. We have not set dates yet. But will likely have one in Dec, one in jan and one in Feb. They will def. be on Sundays. They will be pretty laid back and relaxed schooling shows, with casual but safe attire. Mostly english classes, jumping and speed classes. If there is enough interest we will also have a couple western classes. I will start making the class list soon. So let me know who might be interested and what type of classes. We used to have a lot of fun with these shows. They are great for the kids who are getting ready for their first spring shows, young green horses, and even the trail riders who want to do a little something different.
If we do not get enough interest/enough participants at the first show we will probably not do anymore.
Let me know of possible date conflicts, though I am too worried about that as most winter shows are far enough away from us that it wont really affect the turnout.
Feel free to PM me for any more info (course I can only give more info when we make the date/class decisions lol) I may be slow to answer. Not much computer time anymore since starting a new job at the Bowie training track :) Love the job but getting up at 4 and working there and then at home till about 9 dosent leave much free time.
Frost Bite Show Series?
wonderful news make sure you email me a prize sheet or flyer so I can post them in the store for you... info@canter-lope.com I know it has been a couple of years but we had many folks asking about them when I was at Hickory Hollow.

natbugs

please have some western classes for us cow pokes.....you know my daughter and I will come...with a few from our farm too!!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Frost Bite Show Series?
wonderful news make sure you email me a prize sheet or flyer so I can post them in the store for you... info@canter-lope.com I know it has been a couple of years but we had many folks asking about them when I was at Hickory Hollow.

:yay: Frost Bite Show Series. That is a great name for it Robin.

Eventer29

I suppose we will have to have some western classes. Anyone interested in Jumping classes? I know my kids will ride in them. I am thinki8ng we will prob do a hunter o/f class w/ dif heights prob from 18"-3' and will prob just judge as 1 class, unlesss we have plenty entries to break it down. Also a couple jumper classes.
I will probably work on the class list some today since I dont have work. We are trying to keep the class list very simple and relatively short to avoid the show running till after dark. I'd like to start around 9 and end around 4 or 5. The classes will be around $4 for pre registration, $5 for day of the show. That is not set in stone yet. We are mostly just trying to cover ribbons, judges and other little expenses.
Any ideas for inexpensive local judges. They need not have judges card or anything, just the knowledge. I plan on asking Julie Hall, but dont have any other ideas at the time.
We have an idea of what the dates might be, thinking the beginning of each month.
Any 4-H clubs or any other groups interested in doing a food booth?

changeling

I suppose we will have to have some western classes. Anyone interested in Jumping classes? I know my kids will ride in them. I am thinki8ng we will prob do a hunter o/f class w/ dif heights prob from 18"-3' and will prob just judge as 1 class, unlesss we have plenty entries to break it down. Also a couple jumper classes.
I will probably work on the class list some today since I dont have work. We are trying to keep the class list very simple and relatively short to avoid the show running till after dark. I'd like to start around 9 and end around 4 or 5. The classes will be around $4 for pre registration, $5 for day of the show. That is not set in stone yet. We are mostly just trying to cover ribbons, judges and other little expenses.
Any ideas for inexpensive local judges. They need not have judges card or anything, just the knowledge. I plan on asking Julie Hall, but dont have any other ideas at the time.
We have an idea of what the dates might be, thinking the beginning of each month.
Any 4-H clubs or any other groups interested in doing a food booth?

That's so awesome we'd love to bring some of our students (9 min.) who would be interested in jumping for sure. The only dates we can't do are Nov. 4, Nov. 18, Dec. 9., Jan. 13, and Feb. 3.:howdy:

Eventer29

I think the dates will be Dec 2 Jan 6 and Feb 3. They are not def dates yet.
I have been working on the class list. We will likely have a conformation class, showmanship, leadline e/w, walk e/w, western w/j eq and pleasure, english w/t eq and pleasure, western command, trail e/w, english w/t/c eq and pleasure, command, hunter hack w/t (2 crossrails) hunter hack 2-2'6, hunter o/f 2'-3', jumper 2'-3', barrels w/t, barrles, pole bending w/t, polebending, single pole w/t, single pole and texas rollback.
If there are enough entries in a particular class we will break them into jr/sr.
Any other suggestions?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Here are a few of the other Tri-County farms hosting shows & there dates.

Flat Iron Farm Show dates 10/13, 11/17, 12/15, 1/12/07, 2/9, 3/8.

AMoment In Time Show dates 10/7 & 11/25.

Holly Point Show dates 10/28, 11/11, 12/9

Also saw that Hidden Springs Stable in Lothian is having a schooling series 10/7, 11/4, 12/2, 1/6/08, & 2/3/08.

It is hard to plan classes that people are requesting, but then don't have enough in the class on show day. The Jumper courses at HP were very nice, but after being requested they weren't as large as the requests made. Holly Points prize list was very appealing to some of the larger barns from PG & Anne Arundel county that made the 90 minute trip to show. They signed up for the show series & are bring there entire show teams to the next shows.

Oh, Eventer29 is this going to be indoor or outdoor? Also what size is the ring & schooling area.:howdy:

Eventer29

The show will be held in our outdoor grass ring if the weather/footing is good. Cant remember whst the measurements are somewhere around 150x180? maybe? I will double check. We also have a sand outdoor ring that has good footing even if wet,(130x70) but we are working right now on making it level. If weather is bad we have the 60x100 indoor which can be a little tight with more than 8 people in it but we have made it work in the past. Hopefully the weather will be nice for all 3 shows!
Ty for the other dates.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Here are a few of the other Tri-County farms hosting shows & there dates.

Flat Iron Farm Show dates 10/13, 11/17, 12/15, 1/12/07, 2/9, 3/8.

AMoment In Time Show dates 10/7 & 11/25.

Holly Point Show dates 10/28, 11/11, 12/9

thank you

Eventer29

OK got a basic class list: Still may make a couple changes

Conformation
Showmanship e/w
Leadline 8+under e/w
Walk Eq. 12+under e/w
Walk pleas. 12+under e/w

Stockseat Eq w/j
western pleasure w/j
Stockseat Eq. w/j/l
western pleasure w/j/l
western command (w/j/l)

Trail walk e/w
Trail w/t e/w
Trail w/t/c e/w

English eq. w/t
English pleas w/t
English eq. w/t/c
English pleas w/t/c
English Command

Hunter Hack w/t crossrails (12")
Hunter Hack w/t/c 2'-3'
Hunter o/f (8 fences) 2'-3'
Jumper 2'-3'

Barrels w/t
Barrels open
Single pole w/t
Single pole open
Pole bending w/t
Pole bending open
Texas rollback

All classes may be divided into jr/sr if enough entries
Each over fences class/jumper class will be judged as one class but rider will pick the height of the fences. If more than 6 entries class will be broken down by height.

After the first show we will probably revise the class list some, adding classes where needed, breaking classes down by age/ability, removing classes with no entries etc. Our goal is to have a little something for just about everyone, and most of all FUN!

Questions or comments anyone?