Winter Storm Warning

PeoplesElbow

Just got done shoveling the driveway, it was semi-slushy but I think it was the wet and heavy stuff to begin with.

Last night at midnight I noticed that the driveway and walk were barely covered but the grass had around an inch. Probably a good thing it isn't colder.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ugh... mix of snow and rain here in Tall Timbers.

Nothing but rain here on the island...and it's making a real mess of things. Brother out trying to clear the heavy mess off the storage shelters so they don't get stretched or torn by all the weight.

Grumpy

Shoveled off deck and walkway, driveway has thin layer of slush, waiting til about noon to start the snowthrower, wondering how steep the learning curve is since this is the 1st time using it.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Shoveled off deck and walkway, driveway has thin layer of slush, waiting til about noon to start the snowthrower, wondering how steep the learning curve is since this is the 1st time using it.

Using a snowthrower/snowblower in slush sucks. It get clogged up very quickly.

Grumpy

Using a snowthrower/snowblower in slush sucks. It get clogged up very quickly.

only about a quarter inch of slush topped by 7 inches of snow..skid set at an inch so it shouldn't be a problem..but will have to scrape off or salt slush so it doesn't freeze overnight I think.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
only about a quarter inch of slush topped by 7 inches of snow..skid set at an inch so it shouldn't be a problem..but will have to scrape off or salt slush so it doesn't freeze overnight I think.

We have a couple inches on the driveway and turning into slush.
I think it would be better for us to not do any clearing on the driveway.
If I clean it will become a sheet of ice. The current snow/slush will provide some traction.

glhs837

Power with Control
We have a couple inches on the driveway and turning into slush.
I think it would be better for us to not do any clearing on the driveway.
If I clean it will become a sheet of ice. The current snow/slush will provide some traction.

Cleared mine, ended up melting down to nothing so my driveway is now clear.