"Wireless" LED Trailer or Vehicle Towing Lights

USMCsteve68

Has anyone else used "Wireless" LED Trailer & Vehicle Magnetic Towing Lights?

I purchased a set at Pepboy's auto parts store a couple of months ago for 149.00 and I must say they work pretty darn good. I used them on my boat and utility trailer last week and to pull my car behind my RV last month.

You can strap them on or use the magnetic mounts on the bottoms. All you have to do is plug the transmitter into your towing vehicles trailer wiring plug and then mount the lights on your trailer or car. The transmitter then sends the brake - turn signals and running lights information to the wireless tow lights. Total hook up time for me was less then 1 minute. I will let you know in a couple of months how they are working out.

Let me know if anyone else has a set of these..

P.S. I also found these same wireless LED lights on the internet at: www.Store.uhaul.com - Craftsman Tools, Fitness Equipment, Kenmore Appliances, Lawn & Garden - Sears.com - JC Whitney for all Auto parts - Car, Truck, Jeep, Motorcycle & RV Parts and Welcome to Wireless Tow Lights, Inc. web sites for those of you who do not have a Pepboys close.

dustin

UAIOE
I haven't used them but it sounds like a good idea to keep stashed away. Too bad they are so expensive right now. Thanks for the post!

USMCsteve68

Hi Dustin,

About the cheapest place I found for the lights is Pepboy's. They were 149.00.. I guess I would rather have something that works then driving in the dark with a trailer, so for me 149.00was worth it... You are right though I can see people buying these and putting them in there pickup or RV and having them on hand just in case.. Trailer lights seem like they always stop working when you least expect it.. I use to pull a back hoe years ago and those darn lights never worked especially in the winter when it was below zero..

Take Care,
Steve

USMCsteve68

Wireless LED Trailer Towing Lights

Hello Everyone,

My brother recently went into a "Northern Tool" store in Minnetonka MN. and found that they are also selling these Wireless Tow Lights in there stores. For the heck of it I checked on line and found that Northern Tool is also selling the wireless tow lights on there web site too.

Here is Northern Tools web site for anyone interested..

Wireless Magnetic-Mount Tow Lights | Towing Lights | Northern Tool + Equipment

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Being wireless means they are battery operated?

How do you know if you are tooling down the highway at night if your batteries die in one of your tail lights?

USMCsteve68

Batteries

Hi Bob,

The instructions say that you can get 24 hours of use from a new set of Lithium batteries, thats what I have been using this summer to go back and forth to the lake. That is 12 hours daytime driving and 12 hours night time driving with the running lights on. I have used them on about 10 trips to the lake and back at about 1/2 hour each way. The instructions say that the lights will start flashing about 1/2 before they turn off, indicating low batteries. So, according to my calculations I still have over 10 hours of use left in the batteries I started out with this summer.

Has anyone else used "Wireless" LED Trailer & Vehicle Magnetic Towing Lights?

I purchased a set at Pepboy's auto parts store a couple of months ago for 149.00 and I must say they work pretty darn good. I used them on my boat and utility trailer last week and to pull my car behind my RV last month.

You can strap them on or use the magnetic mounts on the bottoms. All you have to do is plug the transmitter into your towing vehicles trailer wiring plug and then mount the lights on your trailer or car. The transmitter then sends the brake - turn signals and running lights information to the wireless tow lights. Total hook up time for me was less then 1 minute. I will let you know in a couple of months how they are working out.

Let me know if anyone else has a set of these..

P.S. I also found these same wireless LED lights on the internet at: www.Store.uhaul.com - Craftsman Tools, Fitness Equipment, Kenmore Appliances, Lawn & Garden - Sears.com - JC Whitney for all Auto parts - Car, Truck, Jeep, Motorcycle & RV Parts and Welcome to Wireless Tow Lights, Inc. web sites for those of you who do not have a Pepboys close.

I just found these same LED wireless tow lights on the U-Haul and Sears web sites. Here are the links below if anyone is interested...

U-Haul: U-Haul moving supplies: Wireless Tow-Lights with - Magnetic Mounts Set

Sears: Automotive items at Sears.com

Hi Dustin,

About the cheapest place I found for the lights is Pepboy's. They were 149.00.. I guess I would rather have something that works then driving in the dark with a trailer, so for me 149.00was worth it... You are right though I can see people buying these and putting them in there pickup or RV and having them on hand just in case.. Trailer lights seem like they always stop working when you least expect it.. I use to pull a back hoe years ago and those darn lights never worked especially in the winter when it was below zero..

Take Care,
Steve

Hello Everyone,

My brother recently went into a "Northern Tool" store in Minnetonka MN. and found that they are also selling these Wireless Tow Lights in there stores. For the heck of it I checked on line and found that Northern Tool is also selling the wireless tow lights on there web site too.

Here is Northern Tools web site for anyone interested..

Wireless Magnetic-Mount Tow Lights | Towing Lights | Northern Tool + Equipment

Hi Bob,

The instructions say that you can get 24 hours of use from a new set of Lithium batteries, thats what I have been using this summer to go back and forth to the lake. That is 12 hours daytime driving and 12 hours night time driving with the running lights on. I have used them on about 10 trips to the lake and back at about 1/2 hour each way. The instructions say that the lights will start flashing about 1/2 before they turn off, indicating low batteries. So, according to my calculations I still have over 10 hours of use left in the batteries I started out with this summer.
So how much of a kickback is the wireless light company giving you to pimp their product?