WNBA owner is fed up with the BLM nonsense in the league

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm not sure what being a supporter of the president has to do with this story. Is ESPN going to put who a player supports when they are arrested for smacking their wife or shooting their pregnant girlfriend?

Kelly Loeffler, co-owner of the Atlanta Dream, has written WNBA commissioner Cathy Engelbert to express her opposition to the Black Lives Matter movement and ask the league to put an American flag on every jersey when play resumes later this month.

Loeffler, a staunch supporter of President Donald Trump, wrote, "I adamantly oppose the Black Lives Matter political movement, which has advocated for the defunding of police, called for the removal of Jesus from churches and the disruption of the nuclear family structure, harbored anti-Semitic views, and promoted violence and destruction across the country. I believe it is totally misaligned with the values and goals of the WNBA and the Atlanta Dream, where we support tolerance and inclusion."

In the letter, Loeffler said that she thinks adding the American flag to jerseys and licensed apparel would be a "common-sense" solution.

so much for free speech and all that

Scat

I'm not sure what being a supporter of the president has to do with this story. Is ESPN going to put who a player supports when they are arrested for smacking their wife or shooting their pregnant girlfriend?

so much for free speech and all that
from the article "New York Liberty player Layshia Clarendon, who used to play for the Dream, tweeted, "I can't believe I ever stepped foot in Kelly's house and shared a meal with her. It's actually really hurtful to see her true colors I had no idea while I played for ATL she felt this way. Happy to own us as long as we stay quiet and perform."
Doesnt that Kelly person sound awful? Inviting her employees to her home for dinner, what a biotch

:sarcasm: