Woman mistakes cheese for cocaine

StarCat

mv_princess said:
not true........every modeling company has you pay...........NO ONE gets that dream that they will get picked up off the street yay, they will just sweep me off my feet. Not happening. Although a wonderful dream.........doesn't happen that way.

I paid to get started, paying for comp cards......things like that.......i haven't been ripped off yet......and since i have been modeling for almost 4 years now. and i get job offers all the time. i don't think its a rip off.
My daughter went to an audition for John Robert Powers, they told us the same exact thing you're saying about not being picked up off the street. They wanted $3,000 and we said no way. While i was working on a set, i talked to the mother of a little girl who was acting and she said that JRP, Barbizon, and places like that, ARE a rip off. She said they dont do anything for you that you cant do yourself. She said she has never paid any of those places, and her daughter has been on quite a few things. Just be careful spending huge amounts of money without finding out if its something you can do yourself, without spending it for someone else to do it for you. JMO If everything is working out for you though, more power to ya!

Ponytail

pixiegirl said:
It should take NO money to get started. If you've had to pay for anything then chances are you're getting ripped off. If an agency really thinks you have the potential they will invest in you (pay for your comp cards and the like) because they will eventually reap the benefits by getting a comission on any work you do.

:yay: Exactly.

Ponytail

Vince said:
And at least 8 counts of stupidity. :lmao:

Maybe not...we don't know anything about those that were gonna get "hit".

:lol:

Seems like ALOT of cooking cheese for one family to have in the house, doesn't it?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
pixiegirl said:
The fact that you're still in St. Mary's County and have to wait tables solidifies my point. You don't have to agree with me but the facts speak for themselves. You self admitedly put out a huge amount of money to get "started" yet don't make enough money modeling to live off of. Probably would have been better invested in college.

here is the difference.........i can't drop everything and run to New York every two days. and since i only want to do it part time.....your right. I don't work two jobs because i need to. i do it because i want to. Not that you need to know that. but hey i am happy. I have a great time modeling when i do. it takes ALOT of work. and simply i can't just run everytime to everywhere. But i bet you could right........because your just so wonderful! if only the world was perfect. :) yay

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
StarCat said:
My daughter went to an audition for John Robert Powers, they told us the same exact thing you're saying about not being picked up off the street. They wanted $3,000 and we said no way. While i was working on a set, i talked to the mother of a little girl who was acting and she said that JRP, Barbizon, and places like that, ARE a rip off. She said they dont do anything for you that you cant do yourself. She said she has never paid any of those places, and her daughter has been on quite a few things. Just be careful spending huge amounts of money without finding out if its something you can do yourself, without spending it for someone else to do it for you. JMO If everything is working out for you though, more power to ya!

yes this is true..........there are ALOT to look out for, and ones that will just take your money and run. although the company i work for will not. AMG is a great company, they have offices all over the world. i have done a bunch of runway shows and 2 photo shoots with them. i do feel bad for anyone who has been screwed over, it seems like everyone has that problem

CMC122

Go Braves!
pixiegirl said:
It should take NO money to get started. If you've had to pay for anything then chances are you're getting ripped off. If an agency really thinks you have the potential they will invest in you (pay for your comp cards and the like) because they will eventually reap the benefits by getting a comission on any work you do.
Exactly.

S

Schizo

Hey Lady! Ya got more of that blue cheese? Need a hit for 8 ounces. :lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
mv_princess said:
here is the difference.........i can't drop everything and run to New York every two days. and since i only want to do it part time.....your right. I don't work two jobs because i need to. i do it because i want to. Not that you need to know that. but hey i am happy. I have a great time modeling when i do. it takes ALOT of work. and simply i can't just run everytime to everywhere. But i bet you could right........because your just so wonderful! if only the world was perfect. :) yay

It wasn't a personal hit so get your panties outa your crack! :smack: It was simply advice from someone who's been there and done that.

Kids these days.... damn! :lmao:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
pixiegirl said:
It wasn't a personal hit so get your panties outa your crack! :smack: It was simply advice from someone who's been there and done that.

Kids these days.... damn! :lmao:

hahaha well it must have been for someone................because someone thinks i need a nose job.......damn just can't be beautiful enough for everyone.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
mv_princess said:
hahaha well it must have been for someone................because someone thinks i need a nose job.......damn just can't be beautiful enough for everyone.

I think you're beautiful. Wanna kiss and make up. :love:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
pixiegirl said:
I think you're beautiful. Wanna kiss and make up. :love:

ok............ :love: hahahahaha i don't mind................my friend told me.....'Stop hating me, because it still wont make you pretty' :razz: