Wondering if anyone has ever used...

Rileyc

As opposed to a "Ladies Room" fourm? It has nothing to do with cleaning, simply a lesser known alternative to something every woman needs during her life time. Pads are bulky and limiting, Tampons risk TSS, just looking for more information on a safer alternative, you don't like it, don't read it...

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
The Diva Cup holds fluid inside your body. A tampon does the same thing. How is using one a risk for TSS, but the other (DC) not? Material?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
The Diva Cup holds fluid inside your body. A tampon does the same thing. How is using one a risk for TSS, but the other (DC) not? Material?

I wondered that myself..probably because the cup keeps it from coming in contact with your body, while the tampon holds it directly on the body best guess anyway

Rileyc

The main cause for TSS is staphylocccus aureus. Tampons help the infection along because they can cause small tears which allow the bacteria to enter the body. Extra absorabent tampons are more dangerous because the expand so greatly and can stick to the walls creating more tears upon removal. I don't believe the fluid has anything to do with TSS and would assume the material of the diva cup would minimize or eliminate tearing...

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
The main cause for TSS is staphylocccus aureus. Tampons help the infection along because they can cause small tears which allow the bacteria to enter the body. Extra absorabent tampons are more dangerous because the expand so greatly and can stick to the walls creating more tears upon removal. I don't believe the fluid has anything to do with TSS and would assume the material of the diva cup would minimize or eliminate tearing...

I'll take my chances. Toxic shock syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

H

HouseCat

Remember these?
:killingme
Crap, I'm old... I remember finding a belt like that in my Mom's undie-drawer when I was little and wondering what in the world it was for... LOL And those old pads with the tabs... scary stuff. May as well put a twin sized mattress tween yer legs.