woods produce closed?

JanDen

Does anyone know why Woods produce has been closed? A friend asked me about it because her hubby has been there 3 Saturdays in a row and they are closed... I hope nothing is wrong and they get back open soon.. Just wondering.,

Roman

Are you talking about the Produce Stand in Charlotte Hall? I hope all is well with them also.

sm8

I noticed a sign up the other day but did not have time to stop. They have not been open any day I drove by since the new year came in. I had been talking to the owner in the weeks previous and he was saying with the price of heating oil he could barely afford to stay open in the winter. I know Christmas is a very busy time for them so maybe they were just staying open through the holidays and hopefully they will reopen in the spring.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Does anyone know why Woods produce has been closed? A friend asked me about it because her hubby has been there 3 Saturdays in a row and they are closed... I hope nothing is wrong and they get back open soon.. Just wondering.,

I hope they aren't closed, that's where I get my bacon and sausage fix from.

sm8

Apparently the seafood place next to big dogs in mechanicsville/Charlotte hall sells the sausage woods stand used to sell.

IMNEMT-B

Heard that their was a lot of police activity at Wood's yesterday afternoon. Had the area taped off and the crime lab was on scene. Any idea of what happened? Sure miss not having them open. Hope all is ok.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Heard that their was a lot of police activity at Wood's yesterday afternoon. Had the area taped off and the crime lab was on scene. Any idea of what happened? Sure miss not having them open. Hope all is ok.

I saw that yesterday at 4 and even when I went by again at 6, there were even more police there.

quattroginger

i have only been going to Woods for 2 years. talk to the owner all the time. most amazing bacon my wife and i have ever had. i heard there were some tax problems and that's why they were staying closed. From what i heard, they both tried taking their lives but the Miss survived.