Worlds Gym

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I went to the one in Lexington Park. It looks very nice ad clean inside. I worked out for about an hour. I feel great. My daughter had a blast in the childcare. Went to Foodlion and got salads and fruits. Going to really try to keep up with a healthy life style.

I got on the treadmill at home for six minutes. :dance:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I got on the treadmill at home for six minutes. :dance:

That is really awesome ya know!

My friend's mom had 2 heart attacks in the fall, and after her recovery her doctor had her going to something I think they call cardio rehab over at CMH.

Granted, she is a generation older, and she had 2 heart attacks, but SHE could only do about 2 minutes the first time on the treadmill. NOW, she's a walking machine! :lol: I think she's up to 20 minutes or so. My point is - it was very gradual. She had to take baby steps as she built up her endurance.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
That is really awesome ya know!

My friend's mom had 2 heart attacks in the fall, and after her recovery her doctor had her going to something I think they call cardio rehab over at CMH.

Granted, she is a generation older, and she had 2 heart attacks, but SHE could only do about 2 minutes the first time on the treadmill. NOW, she's a walking machine! :lol: I think she's up to 20 minutes or so. My point is - it was very gradual. She had to take baby steps as she built up her endurance.

Baby steps is what I am taking. I'm wondering if the gym in San Souci (chasey's I call it) can deal with a cancer patient that has issues and the time that would take, i.e., if they have a special training section for that. Guess I could go in and see them and ask.

Bann

PREMO Member
Baby steps is what I am taking. I'm wondering if the gym in San Souci (chasey's I call it) can deal with a cancer patient that has issues and the time that would take, i.e., if they have a special training section for that. Guess I could go in and see them and ask.

I'll bet they would be able to help you! They probably have trainers there who are equipped to handle many different types of rehab workouts, etc. It certainly can't hurt to ask.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I'll bet they would be able to help you! They probably have trainers there who are equipped to handle many different types of rehab workouts, etc. It certainly can't hurt to ask.

Do you think they have glazed donuts there, cause I need to keep my strength up and stuff.

Bann

PREMO Member
Do you think they have glazed donuts there, cause I need to keep my strength up and stuff.

:lol:

Well, my gym makes fresh smoothies. I think they're healthy ones, but I never get them, so I don't know. That gym might, too!

SoccerMom2

Body Sculpt Class

What is it? What parts does it work? I check the gyms schedule online and there is no description of the class.

C

CalvertNewbie

I'm sure most gyms would be happy to have a personal trainer work with you. Many people who go to the gym have various health issues and need a little extra help from the staff. Their job is to work with clients at a level they can handle and to help them improve as gradually as needed. And congrats for getting on the treadmill! If you can do it, we should all be able to do it! :yahoo:

From the bouncing of your tatas? :lol: or b/c you need to get your breathing under control?

:killingme That's why I'll do a quick walk but never a run. Especially in a gym! Also why I prefer an elliptical or a bike over a treadmill. :lol:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
I'm sure most gyms would be happy to have a personal trainer work with you. Many people who go to the gym have various health issues and need a little extra help from the staff. Their job is to work with clients at a level they can handle and to help them improve as gradually as needed. And congrats for getting on the treadmill! If you can do it, we should all be able to do it! :yahoo:

:killingme That's why I'll do a quick walk but never a run. Especially in a gym! Also why I prefer an elliptical or a bike over a treadmill. :lol:

Some of us don't have an issue in that area. :ohwell:

Bann

PREMO Member
What is it? What parts does it work? I check the gyms schedule online and there is no description of the class.

I take a Cardio Sculpt in PF. It's tonight, as a matter of fact.

The description of this class (from a paper I picked up at the gym):

Cardio Sculpt: A combination of aerobic exercise for cardiovascular training followed by resistance training with hand weights & bands. We don't use bands. We use the pilates ball, though. It's all to music.

It's fun. I take that with Body Pump and the Spin classes they have on alternate days.

SoccerMom2

I take a Cardio Sculpt in PF. It's tonight, as a matter of fact.

The description of this class (from a paper I picked up at the gym):

Cardio Sculpt: A combination of aerobic exercise for cardiovascular training followed by resistance training with hand weights & bands. We don't use bands. We use the pilates ball, though. It's all to music.

It's fun. I take that with Body Pump and the Spin classes they have on alternate days.

Thanks. I am trying to do upper body and abs m--w-f and lower and legs t-th. I don't want to take the wrong class on the wrong day.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

I don't know your situation, but St. Mary's Hospital's rehab department (nice gals, loved working with them) do personal training..about $40 for an hour...right at the hospital. They are of course equipped to deal with all kinds of medical needs..they could be a really good place to start. My grandma picked up treadmill walking after she had ovarian cancer..really helped her energy and spirits..and now she continues it everyday..Swears by it now.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I don't know your situation, but St. Mary's Hospital's rehab department (nice gals, loved working with them) do personal training..about $40 for an hour...right at the hospital. They are of course equipped to deal with all kinds of medical needs..they could be a really good place to start. My grandma picked up treadmill walking after she had ovarian cancer..really helped her energy and spirits..and now she continues it everyday..Swears by it now.

$40/hr is a bit steep, but thanks for the info. I do have a treadmill here, just need to use it more often. I have to be there Tuesday, so will check on their stuff. Thanks again.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

:yeahthat: Any gym should have trainers that will work with your strengths AND weaknesses.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
$40/hr is a bit steep, but thanks for the info. I do have a treadmill here, just need to use it more often. I have to be there Tuesday, so will check on their stuff. Thanks again.

I would just take it slow and easy. Get a Heart Rate monitor that goes on your chest and watch that. Build up your endurance and strength slowly. The Heart monitor will tell you exactly how hard you work.

I use my HRM all the time in classes and on the treadmill. I feel lost without it.