Wow, what service

betty99

Ok, I just called the the local Ford dealership to make an appt for regular maintenance service on my car. I was told they were too busy to handle my call, could I call back in 10 minutes. I find that I COULD, but I won't now.

TurboK9

Ok, I just called the the local Ford dealership to make an appt for regular maintenance service on my car. I was told they were too busy to handle my call, could I call back in 10 minutes. I find that I COULD, but I won't now.

Alternatively they could have put you on hold for 20 minutes?

Edit: Dammit Prchjrkr beat me to it... :p

betty99

Good point, but I would rather be treated like my business is important to them or I can go elsewhere. The first three times I called I was disconnected. Just was not impressed.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Good point, but I would rather be treated like my business is important to them or I can go elsewhere. The first three times I called I was disconnected. Just was not impressed.

Okay, Paul Harvey, thanks for the rest of the story. :yay: I can't say I blame you in the least.

Turbo, it's all good... :buddies:

Vince

Which dealer? Lexington Park, Prince Fred, Waldorf?

Venn

Hmm you figure they want to make some money. I stop going in there long ago when Dorsey Grey sold it.

Cowgirl

I don't have an issue calling back. :shrug: I'd rather call back than be placed on hold. And when I worked retail, I was told always treat the customer *in* the business as a higher priority than those on the phone.

C

CalvertNewbie

Wow it sure sounds like they need a new receptionist! Bad part is that all the Ford dealerships around here are owned by the same guy so no matter where you go, it's kind of still the same company. Well PF, Waldorf and LP are all under the same owner. Not sure if there are any other Ford dealers around.

So, based on one call where they asked you to call back, you completely blow them off. Taking it all with a grain of salt, the disconnects could have been a lingering Verizon issue. The person taking the call is most assuredly not the repair tech, who may have been the best repair tech there is, but you'll never know. You could have said, "Please call ME back, here's my number."

Sorry, a bit over-reactive. After a 2nd or 3rd try with no results you might have grounds to complain.

Booboo3604

Wow it sure sounds like they need a new receptionist! Bad part is that all the Ford dealerships around here are owned by the same guy so no matter where you go, it's kind of still the same company. Well PF, Waldorf and LP are all under the same owner. Not sure if there are any other Ford dealers around.

I thought Hunt Ford in La Plata was independent.... but I may be wrong

betty99

I was asked if I minded being on hold, I said "Not at all" because I do not mind. I understand that people are busy and there may be customers waiting in the office who get attention first. I am OK with waiting my turn. I expect to wait my turn. I wouldn't even mind calling back. I just felt like I was bugging her by calling and trying to make an appt to give them some of my money in return for their goods or services. I think it was just the whole attitude. Politeness goes a long way. Being rude just puts me in a frame of mind to do business with someone else.

Maybe my expectations are just too high. Perhaps I shouldn't expect to be treated with even minimal customer service.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
So, based on one call where they asked you to call back, you completely blow them off. Taking it all with a grain of salt, the disconnects could have been a lingering Verizon issue. The person taking the call is most assuredly not the repair tech, who may have been the best repair tech there is, but you'll never know. You could have said, "Please call ME back, here's my number."

Sorry, a bit over-reactive. After a 2nd or 3rd try with no results you might have grounds to complain.

Good customer service would have been for the Ford Dealership to ask for the name and number and they will call the person back in about 10 mins.

betty99

You may be right.

DEEKAYPEE8569

At least you didn't have to make an appointment for 'scheduled maintenance', huh?

betty99

Good customer service would have been for the Ford Dealership to ask for the name and number and they will call the person back in about 10 mins.
:yeahthat:

... but they do have a fabulous service tech, and that is why I called back in spite of being mad. That and GW had a point, even if it does still chafe my butt.

smilin

BOXER NATION
I have been extremely surprised with LP Ford. Bought a car four years ago and was waiting for the usual dealer attitude to pop up when instead they were courteous, did their job and priced it competitively. I have had one problem with my car, called them with no appointment, they fixed it in 45 minutes. No complaints.

Last edited:

Otter

Nothing to see here

... but they do have a fabulous service tech, and that is why I called back in spite of being mad. That and GW had a point, even if it does still chafe my butt.

You don't really belong here. Admitting someone else has a point just doesn't go over well with the somd crowd. :eyebrow:

:yay: Everyone has an off day. Whoever answered the phone may have just been completely overwhelmed and didn't respond the way they normally do or you expect. It happens.