Write your Congressman!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
The baby won't necessarily be born with HIV, if the mother has proper treatment. But I agree with you that the hospital responsible for giving her mother the tainted blood should be held liable.

That said, I have no real problem with the Navy (read: us) paying for it. The father served, and I'm okay with picking up the cost of his daughter's HIV treatment.

The more I think about it, the less I think that even the civilian hospital should be liable. This was an unknown disease at the time. If a new plague popped up tomorrow, are we to hold someone responsible for that?

If the Navy drops her, she can still get medical assistance if she needs it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Question: My daughter was diagnosed with a life long illness. Should she also receive medical care from the navy forever and always?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
The father served, and I'm okay with picking up the cost of his daughter's HIV treatment.
I might agree if it's just HIV treatment and was promised to her by someone who had the authority to do so.

I don't think the Navy should be responsible for her medical bills to birth children (or any complications that may arise from childbirth) or anything unrelated to HIV.