wwwdd

devinej

I too would encourage someone to check references and see what that instructor has accomplished.

If an instructor is not certified OR can not prove they are successful in the show ring, how sure can you be that they will teach you correctly? :confused:

you can't be sure. and you can't be sure if they are certified and proven in the show ring either....

alright wwss - what do those initials stand for??

devinej

english with some trail riding for fun too. i've already been told to hit the local hunter shows, MSA and SMHA. i'm looking for some events too, i've heard waredaca and shawan host some.

chiraz, you sound interesting! MSA and SMHA are ok - they have every 2ft and 2ft3 class you could ever think of (junior hunter equitation pleasure adult green over fences etc...)

But the FUN part is on saturday when there are JUMPER classes!!

I've been to waredaca's fall event once, it was pretty good except the xc got rained out. I went to a nice schooling event this fall called jenny camp at tranquility manor farm just north of baltimore. that was fun. Holly point just got finished with their fall schooling show series, it was a good one.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
My opinion: certification/smertification. It's crap. Most instructors who aren't certified are secure in their abilities and are not afraid of losing their students to anyone who is. I encourage everyone to check references. Someone who has ridden all his/her life and have had years of really good training should be good!

JMHO

Okay, obviously this is someone who knows me. STop! You are going to get me in more trouble. I can get in enough trouble all by myself.:lmao: When I leave you can quote me all you like. I feel so popular. :huggy:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Help...I feel like I am in MPD land. I don't know who anyone is anymore.:otter:
Believe it or not I have met some fabulous riders who are terrible instructors and lots of people who aren't certified like the Kromes that are fabulous instructors. Are you making progress with your instructor? Are you happy with your instructor? If you show are you riding in the same low level divisions year after year? That is an indication that something is wrong. The idea of certification is good, but it isn't there yet.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Help...I feel like I am in MPD land. I don't know who anyone is anymore.:otter:
Believe it or not I have met some fabulous riders who are terrible instructors and lots of people who aren't certified like the Kromes that are fabulous instructors. Are you making progress with your instructor? Are you happy with your instructor? If you show are you riding in the same low level divisions year after year? That is an indication that something is wrong. The idea of certification is good, but it isn't there yet.

Hmmm. Are we happy with our instructor,,,:whistle::whistle:,,YES,:yahoo:!
I know you are happy with her too.:huggy:

pmsmare

well the way I see it fugly was born in december so fugly has lots of learnin to do...Read back on some of the older threads....get a edgmacation:killingme

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
great...now I have to go back an reread.:coffee: Do these little icons move around? Or do I just have a bad memory?:confused: