X-Mas Wish List

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by yakky doodle
no, you run off and finish that pity party you were hosting for your fellow redsking fans :razz:

We were at a REDSKIN party. Don't know about the team you're talking about.:razz2:

yakky doodle

Originally posted by cattitude
Apparently you didn't see your boys blow it yesterday, didja? Played every bit as well as the Redskins.

Hoping Catt has to search for the glasses to read this :frown:

but the cowboys beat your redskins last weekend! :biggrin:

SxyPrincess

I'm sure you all think I'm as materialistic as they come, but really I'm not. Even though I'm not engaged, I know my b/f is MINE! If he were broke and on welfare I'd still want to be with him because he's the person I fell in love with.

I'm sure every girl would like a big, expensive ring and if you say you don't, your full of :bs: But, if you truly love your spouse it shouldn't matter.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Hoping Catt has to search for the glasses to read this :frown:

but the cowboys beat your redskins last weekend! :biggrin:

Nope, sorry not my Redskins. My Redskins (and most professional sports as I loved them) are gone forever. Sad for those too young to remember the good ole' days.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
what ever happened to love and romance?

~
Daddy never gave Momma a diamond ring
But Momma never wanted for anything
But what he gave her it came from the heart
In a bond that was never torn apart

I wanna be loved like that, I wanna be loved like that
A promise you can't take back
If you're gonna love me
I wanna be loved like that
~Shenandoah~

yakky doodle

Geez Oh Flip Already!

I will just take the dang dremel tool for christmas or the gift certificate for lowes. Better yet, just stuff coal in my, uhh, stocking!

Forget the ring. Love sucks. So does jewelry, decks and all the other-than-normal day-to-day things in life. Let's all sit home, watch I Love Lucy re-runs on the 10-inch black and white tv, and look at our Al Bundy hubby we have with his hands in his pants on the hand-me-down sofa and say, "By God, ain't I lucky!"

and let's not forget to teach our children about keeping those standards down. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I'm sure every girl would like a big, expensive ring and if you say you don't, your full of :bs:

Then I am full of it and DAMN proud of it. :razz:

yakky doodle

I'm sure you all think I'm as materialistic as they come, but really I'm not. Even though I'm not engaged, I know my b/f is MINE! If he were broke and on welfare I'd still want to be with him because he's the person I fell in love with.

I'm sure every girl would like a big, expensive ring and if you say you don't, your full of :bs: But, if you truly love your spouse it shouldn't matter.

I agree Sxy. We are women. We like nice things (well, with the exception of the butch-types who are more into not-so-frivolous things). It's like the guys were saying last week -- they wanna bang chics. Us chics need things to get banged. There you have it. It's our basic human nature to be taken care of and provided for and such. And no, I'm not talking about being tossed back into the kitchen barefoot to bake dinners and mind the nest.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by jazz lady
Then I am full of it and DAMN proud of it. :razz:

Ditto.

I was never into a huge diamonds. When I was younger, before I had a diamond, I sorta knew what I liked, but nothing like the huge, expensive ones some people have. I like nice jewelry but there are other things I'd rather have. Now that I'm older (much older :frown: ) there is so much more imporant than an engagement ring and I don't mean material things.

yakky doodle

well, then, I suggest those of you who do not "need" the jewelry and diamonds and engagement rings, etc., to send them on over to Sxy and I for safekeeping. After all, they were meant to be enjoyed, right? :really:

Delilah903

"YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!:clap: :cheers: :clap: :cheers: :dance: :dance:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I'm not saying I wouldn't want to buy my girl a ring that she can be proud of... a ring that she'll love... a ring that she'll treasure...

I would. I'd never want her to want for anything.

But I hope she sees that the value in me trying to do that is more valuable than the actual end results of my efforts.

yakky doodle

you all keep talking about these "huge" engagement rings? I did NOT say I wanted a huge engagement ring. Unless you are visually impaired, you don't need a huge ring. Yea, I'd take one if he offered, but it's not necessary.

Geez! I'm beginning to think I should type in a larger font here to convey the message! :rolleyes:

At this point in my life, I have everything I want in life with the exception of one thing -- my b/f's last name. I don't say it that way to sound like I want to 'possess' him or his name; rather, that was for effect. I have a child; I have a home; I have a secure job; I have a secure income; I have the things in life I want -- family, friends, etc. The only thing that could add the finishing touch to my life right now would be to get married again (which, by the way, I'm not saying I am in a rush to do; rather, it is inevitable with my b/f as we both know we want to be together -- and so do those of you who know us.)

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by cattitude
Ditto.

I was never into a huge diamonds. When I was younger, before I had a diamond, I sorta knew what I liked, but nothing like the huge, expensive ones some people have. I like nice jewelry but there are other things I'd rather have. Now that I'm older (much older :frown: ) there is so much more imporant than an engagement ring and I don't mean material things.

What not just have both the material things such as a big ring, as well as the non-material things..

Seems people always think they can only have one or the other.. Are we saying men who give their women a large ring are any less loving than the ones who can't afford one? An engagement ring is something that (god willing) you only buy once, so why not make it extra special?

Much to my wife's liking, I hate cheap jewelry.. Nothing says REDNECK like a woman with a hand full of NASTY jewelry.. Keep it simple, keep it nice. If you can't manage to lay off the beer, cigarettes, bingo, and lottery for a few months in order to buy something that will last forever, then maybe you should really rethink what you are doing.
I hate to admit it, but I agree totally with yakky.. Don't want to sound like a snob, but, damn..

SxyPrincess

At this point in my life, I have everything I want in life with the exception of one thing -- my b/f's last name. I don't say it that way to sound like I want to 'possess' him or his name; rather, that was for effect. I have a child; I have a home; I have a secure job; I have a secure income; I have the things in life I want -- family, friends, etc. The only thing that could add the finishing touch to my life right now would be to get married again (which, by the way, I'm not saying I am in a rush to do; rather, it is inevitable with my b/f as we both know we want to be together -- and so do those of you who know us.)

I want to be in the wedding, please? :biggrin: I promise to behave. :biggrin: I'll make you real proud. :biggrin:

SmallTown

Football season!

At this point in my life, I have everything I want in life with the exception of one thing -- my b/f's last name.

You don't have it all.. EVERY woman needs guy friends who want to bang her. :biggrin:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Okay, so perhaps I didn't word my post correctly. I didn't mean you can't have both. It just seems silly to me, in my advanced years, to spend so much money on a ring. Check back w/me in 20 years.

To quote Emily...never mind....

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Great! I'm sure you are gonna love that deck and trip, and I wish you well on both of them, really. In the mean time, for those of us who have a deck and are also going on vacation, perhaps we'd like something with a little more permanance.
Now YOU are putting words in MY mouth. Believe me - I am very well off, tyvm. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest on who has the greater wealth - it is irrelevant. I can well afford a deck, vacation, and ring - but would rather have a BETTER deck and BETTER vacation, which I would get without buying the ring. And somewhere in this thread, somebody said you can't inherit a deck. Well, you sure as hell can inherit property and the house on it with its beautiful deck and everything inside!
Again, I'm not trying to sound like a snob; really, I'm not.
Really? :really:
But I don't think that dogging someone for wanting something that you don't particularly 'value' is altogether appropriate either. :ohwell:
Hello pot - meet kettle! :lol: Oh, I don't have a problem with engagement rings at all. Most people look at me like I have 3 heads because I didn't want a ring! Engagement rings are a beautiful symbol if used for their intended purpose. What I DO dislike is this litany that you have to keep up with the Joneses (two months salary, etc...) and put yourself out for an incredible amount of money for something you wear. The whole "if he loved me, he'd buy me a 2 carat custom-made platinum engagement ring that costs more than a new car and go into debt up to his eyeballs" is just plain silly.

Like the song goes: "You say 'two-may-toe,' I say 'tow-maw-toe,' let's call the whole thing off."

Last edited:

Christy

b*tch rocket
I've never understood the fascination with diamonds or gold for that matter. Give me a friggin maid and an interior decorator for Christmas!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Christy
I've never understood the fascination with diamonds or gold for that matter. Give me a friggin maid and an interior decorator for Christmas!

THANK YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :clap: :kiss: