Yellowstone

frequentflier

happy to be living
We watched the finale last night after binge watching from the beginning starting on Christmas day. The violence and drama has really ramped up and someone compared it to SOA and I totally agree. The first couple seasons were enjoyable to watch; the last two not so much.
I was aware of this thread and waited until we watched the last episode to read others observations and it's funny because I agree with so much that was written about certain characters and events.
Will we watch the new season? Probably. But not with the enthusiasm we started out with.

We watched the finale last night after binge watching from the beginning starting on Christmas day. The violence and drama has really ramped up and someone compared it to SOA and I totally agree. The first couple seasons were enjoyable to watch; the last two not so much.
I was aware of this thread and waited until we watched the last episode to read others observations and it's funny because I agree with so much that was written about certain characters and events.
Will we watch the new season? Probably. But not with the enthusiasm we started out with.
At the end of the episodes, they put up info on websites to read about the real fight over land going on. I wonder if the level of evil and violence is based on real events. It is surely possible, but I have not yet dug around to find out. I would like to see next season focus more on the fight for land/water rights and how the progressive theory of equity for everyone... everyone deserves to live like the land barons... is really resulting in destroying the ecosystem.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
God I love these forums.
It's like church for heathens.

Come in
Sit down
Meditate
Put some coins in the collection plate
Break off into your little cliches
Talk about what everyone wore that day
Lather
Rinse
Repeat

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
At the end of the episodes, they put up info on websites to read about the real fight over land going on. I wonder if the level of evil and violence is based on real events. It is surely possible, but I have not yet dug around to find out. I would like to see next season focus more on the fight for land/water rights and how the progressive theory of equity for everyone... everyone deserves to live like the land barons... is really resulting in destroying the ecosystem.
Bitter Root Land Trust - Water, Wildlife & Working Lands

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
A lot of these blockbuster series do this. They start out strong, then fade fast at the end.

The better ones give us a peek into lifestyles that we are unfamiliar with. That's why shows about police, bike gangs, drug dealers, cowboys, sport teams etc. are voyeur worthy. We can experience their lifestyle from the comfort of your couch.

Anyone remember Playmakers? A 1 season show about a fake NFL team. It was all the after game interactions that people forget about once the game is over. IMO, that show would have made a great several season show.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Same.

I get a sense that Taylor Sheridan is very much like his Yellowstone character - this obnoxious ass who thinks he's all that, and it shows in the way he writes his TV series.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Yellowstone is filming in Butte, Montana. Harrison Ford rode by DIL window at work.

Film crew walked into McDonalds where 17 yr old grandson works, asked him to come be an extra. HE TOLD THEM HE COULDN'T!!!, he had to work. That damned work ethic. What a missed opportunity!

43794.jpeg