Yep, gambling, better for everyone.

PeoplesElbow

Wondering if you bothered to read the article? It starts with this:

And this is in the concluding paragraphs:

What are you pissing and moaning about?

Were you asleep during the Great Recession? Did no one tell you about the massive budget problems the states faced and some still face?

Would have rather had your property, sales or income tax raised to cover the shortfalls? Just amazing how clueless folks here are...no ability to see beyond THE MOST BASIC of info.

Oh come on, they sold the idea to people by making them think that the schools would be getting extra money and you know it.

Pyrotech

Les Paul Addict
You all dont suddenly think that politicians are just going to wake up and be honest, do you? You can expect it all you want, the lure of money changes everything.

glhs837

Power with Control
You all dont suddenly think that politicians are just going to wake up and be honest, do you? You can expect it all you want, the lure of money changes everything.

Which is why "politician" as a career field should go the way of the buggy whip.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
"Millions of free dollars!!!!!!!! Watch us fund education like you dream about!!!!!!!"

http://smnewsnet.com/archives/10732...-schools-are-big-winners-from-gaming-profits/

Bunch of lying sacks? Why do people vote for these sacks?
I have a slightly different opinion, I don't think that the government should be protecting anyone from their baser urges be it smoking, drinking, or gambling. If taxing it is the only way to get it in, then so be it. The fact that they would use the "it's for the children" excuse doesn't surprise me in the least, what does surprise me is that they didn't try to say that it was going to eventually reduce everyone's taxes.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I have a slightly different opinion, I don't think that the government should be protecting anyone from their baser urges be it smoking, drinking, or gambling. If taxing it is the only way to get it in, then so be it. The fact that they would use the "it's for the children" excuse doesn't surprise me in the least, what does surprise me is that they didn't try to say that it was going to eventually reduce everyone's taxes.

They did say that.

glhs837

Power with Control

Never said they should, my point here is that we accept this crap from politicians, and we should not.

BernieP

Resident PIA
You know what... yeah. They should have raised all those taxes. Then maybe the sheeple would wake up and vote the bastards out of office.

many of those sheeple don't pay taxes. They actually are offended because their "refund" isn't as big as the person who pays 10K in taxes - the operative word is actually PAY, not just withheld and refunded, or in their case, a check greater than what was take out because of credits.

Salvador

One Nation Under God
Gambling is good to me. Up $5,300 so far this year! And I don't leave my kids or grandma in the car. :killingme

:popcorn:

bilbur

Really, all of you are surprised that a politician lied? If I type in lies that politicians have told into Google I get 11 million results and there are just as many Republican examples as there are Democrat. The definition of the word politician should be changed to person who will probably lie. I could care less where the money goes because no matter what happens with the money it will still increase the tax revenue for the state. Of course I have another agenda, I want a quality place to gamble that is closer than Dover and keeps the tax revenue from my losses in the state.