You are not alone

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
Poor you :poorbaby:

Again, you're not in here promoting your own beliefs, you're in here busting on someone else's. There are a thousand sites where atheists can bust on their faithful brethren. This isn't one of them.
I thought this was the 'religion' forum and not the 'Christian' forum.

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
BuddyLee said:

:yeahthat: and while I personally am a Believer, I think everyone's opinions should be allowed in this forum so long as it is not for the purpose of personally attacking another or their faith.

Pete

Repete
BuddyLee said:
Is there not a difference in "promoting" your beliefs and "mocking" the beliefs of others?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Pete said:
Is there not a difference in "promoting" your beliefs and "mocking" the beliefs of others?
I have yet to see any mocking in this thread. Would you be so kind as to point that out?

Pete

Repete
BuddyLee said:
I have yet to see any mocking in this thread. Would you be so kind as to point that out?
How about slotted's av and siggy line. How else are God fearing people supposed to take those as anything but mocking insults?

I have no problem with people promoting their own religion, but why must he endlessly mock and bash Christians? They don't believe what he does, so be it, at least afford them enough respect to allow them to believe what they want without mocking or endless insults.

If slotted wants to start a thread and post the endless list of benefits of being and athiest cool on him. But I still find his endless barrage of "you are an idiot if you believe in the bible or God or Jesus" mocking and an all out effort to be a tool.

Pete

Repete
slotted said:
I'm not forcing anyone to read the link. I posted it to make it available to anyone who is seeking.

Here's a suggestion Pete, Don't read any of my post. It's really simple. Put me on ignore.

Probably for the same reason why there are many posts on here promoting religion.

You're really hurting my feelings Pete. :sarcasm:

Probably for the same reason why you could not just leave my post alone.
Why don't you answer my questions? I didn't ask for your rhetoric, I asked you specific questions.

Here I will reprint them for you.

Why is it that you just cannot leave those people be who chose to believe?

Why is it seem that your only ambition in life is denigrate or disprove that which cannot be disproved?

Why does it bother you so much that you must start thread after thread denigrating religion?

Why are you such a tool that you cannot just say " Let them believe what they want, no skin off me."?

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Pete said:
How about slotted's av and siggy line. How else are God fearing people supposed to take those as anything but mocking insults?
:duh: Thanks for answering the question.

I have no problem with people promoting their own religion, but why must he endlessly mock and bash Christians? They don't believe what he does, so be it, at least afford them enough respect to allow them to believe what they want without mocking or endless insults.
Exactly. You'd have to ask him this but I'm going to go ahead and assume he's doing the same thing 'some' Christians do.

slotted

Pete said:
Because I'm a tool and like I said, no one is forced to read my posts, they choose to.

Pete said:
Why is it seem that your only ambition in life is denigrate or disprove that which cannot be disproved?
I don't need to disprove religion, burden of proof lies on them, however, I do like pointing out inconsistencies.
Why's it seem that way to you? I don't know. I haven't really talked religion in person with anyone that I have met off here with the exception of Penn. I only did with him because he asked me some direct questions and we kept it civil. He's a nice guy.

Pete said:
Why does it bother you so much that you must start thread after thread denigrating religion?
I enjoy discussing and debating religion. I've said it on here before, but you may have missed that.

Pete said:
Why are you such a tool that you cannot just say " Let them believe what they want, no skin off me."?
See above answer.

Toxick

Splat
slotted said:
I'm in here promoting Atheism, which many consider a belief. Just ask your local Christian if they consider it one or not.
Well, I hesitate to call Atheism a religion. Although I guess it can be considered a belief. It's a belief in nothing.

I guess it's a belief, in the same way that Zero is a number.

slotted said:
I'm only telling people that there is no God, while they are telling people that if you don't believe in him, you are going to fry in hell. And somehow I'm the bad guy. :killingme
Well, I don't care about good vs. bad guys. However the problem you present is flawed. It's not that you're promoting your belief in Nothing. It's that you're denigrating others' belief in something.

Specifically Christiantity.

This is uncool. I can come in here and preach about Christianity until my head falls off. But when I start spouting off about how Allah and Budda are cosmic loads of BS, then I'd be out of line.

Do you kinda see the difference in promoting your own belief, vice denigrating others?

Pete

Repete
BuddyLee said:
:duh: Thanks for answering the question.
Come on spike, you cannot tell me that you have not detected the utter contempt for religion and those who are religious from slotted in nearly every thread he starts.

I asked specific questions. Why cannot he just leave them alone and stop the BS assault. Does he get a gold star on the Athiest progress chart? Does the Athiest movement give him a $100 bonus for each convert? Is he on salary? Is he sworn allegance to the secret Athiest manifesto to convert as many "gullible fools" as possible? Was he mollested by a priest and have total hate for anything related to Christ, God, church, Bible?

What is the deal?

Arguing religion is tantamount to arguing that you are a moron because you like the taste of a cheese steak sammich because "I" do not like the taste of cheesesteak sammiches. It is a matter of individual taste.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Pete said:
Come on spike, you cannot tell me that you have not detected the utter contempt for religion and those who are religious from slotted in nearly every thread he starts.

I asked specific questions. Why cannot he just leave them alone and stop the BS assault. Does he get a gold star on the Athiest progress chart? Does the Athiest movement give him a $100 bonus for each convert? Is he on salary? Is he sworn allegance to the secret Athiest manifesto to convert as many "gullible fools" as possible? Was he mollested by a priest and have total hate for anything related to Christ, God, church, Bible?

What is the deal?

Arguing religion is tantamount to arguing that you are a moron because you like the taste of a cheese steak sammich because "I" do not like the taste of cheesesteak sammiches. It is a matter of individual taste.
Topics in this forum should be on more of an open level. I don't want it being solely one idea, for this reason debate is good, asking questions is good. The questions you ask, the questions he provokes, are all good even if someone is being a tool at times.

Pete

Repete

slotted said:
Because I'm a tool and like I said, no one is forced to read my posts, they choose to..
What a bunch of BS, answer man. If you claim you want to be so informative ANSWER the question. Answer it with the real answer not some grade school dodge like [playgroundgirlievoice] If you don't like it just don't read my posts[/playgroundgirlievoice]

slotted said:
I don't need to disprove religion, burden of proof lies on them, however, I do like pointing out inconsistencies.
Why's it seem that way to you? I don't know. I haven't really talked religion in person with anyone that I have met off here with the exception of Penn. I only did with him because he asked me some direct questions and we kept it civil. He's a nice guy..
More BS, if the burden of proof is on them then you have NOTHING to keep ranting about. You do not "love to point out inconsistencies" you actually like flogging people who believe. Say it, SAY IT, the truth will set you free. Here I will help you.

I .

Like.

To .

make .

fun.

of .

Christians

and

other

religious

peoples.

because

It

makes me

feel

strong

and

significant.

There that is not so hard.

slotted said:
I enjoy discussing and debating religion. I've said it on here before, but you may have missed that..

I probably have missed that part, or I didn't believe you because it does not seem that you discuss anything, you just screw with people who do believe.

slotted said:
See above answer.
I pretty much see everything I need to.

Pete

Repete
slotted said:
You got answers to your questions. Sorry that you didn't find them to your liking. :popcorn:
You still have not answered them. Do you not have legit answers?