You decide!

Hijinx

The whole thing is a tempest in a Tea Pot, the sheriff may have to issue an apology ,and hopefully has learned something from this.

What was meant as a little bit of fun bit them in the ass. It's happened to us all at one time or another.

itsrequired

The whole thing is a tempest in a Tea Pot, the sheriff may have to issue an apology ,and hopefully has learned something from this.

What was meant as a little bit of fun bit them in the ass. It's happened to us all at one time or another.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is an idiotic move, but what is it he has to apologize for? He didn't use tax payers dollars. They have take home vehicles which they can use off duty. The deputy was paid by the video company for his participation. This isn't the first moronic thing Mike Evans has done, but there's nothing illegal. The voters elected him. If they didn't realize what they had before this video, than shame on em!

protectmd

I don't ever think I said it was illegal or a violation of criminal law. He can do whatever it is he wants to do with the badge, uniform, and sheriffs vehicles, after all he is the sheriff correct?

I see alot more civil rights violation challenges coming from this though. My favorite part was when he tried to drag Maryland State Police into the fray saying "She was stopped by a trooper." Is this to go to say that she got out of the traffic citation with the trooper perhaps? I know if I was an attorney, I would definately challenge all pat downs coming from this agency and play the video over and over for jury's to see in the county. "My client was arrested because she had 34B knockers, if she had 36C's we wouldn't even be here today!" or "My client was arrested because she refused the alternative punishment that the deputy offered when she was arrested for DUI. My client didn't want to take his version of the breath test! She didn't want to take the 'ride' with him"

I think there were quite a few posters on here who claimed how wonderful it was that she got married and she was re-enacting some life story on here. Thats not the case at all, she's not married, sorry to burst the fairytale bubble. And people who were interviewed on www.myfoxdc.com were quite pissed off.... seemed like they were mad they supported this candidate for sheriff. Perhaps this all was "just good fun" but sadly, the poor taste of the video ruined all of that. This video is a far cry from Mike Evans singing nursery rhymes at a local daycare, or singing along holiday songs at a local school concert, thats a reality. Maybe I could find humor in Mike Evans singing along with some famous singer that visited Calvert County in one of the many concerts that are hosted there every year. But thats not what happened at all, you and I know this.

Hijinx

Don't get me wrong, I think this is an idiotic move, but what is it he has to apologize for? He didn't use tax payers dollars. They have take home vehicles which they can use off duty. The deputy was paid by the video company for his participation. This isn't the first moronic thing Mike Evans has done, but there's nothing illegal. The voters elected him. If they didn't realize what they had before this video, than shame on em!

You always need the last word don't you.
I posted that this whole thing was a sh*t storm over little, pretty much what you are inferring, but in your effort to have the last word you have to come back.
Well let's look again.
He didn't use taxpayer dollars? I suppose the video operators wrote the county a check to pay for the fuel in the vehicles.
Since when are take home vehicles authorized to be used in commercial video's without payment to the county for their use..
Yes Evans authorized it, and the fuel to get them there. That could be construed as unauthorized use by the County----illegal ---and Evans may be forced to make restitution That is if it really got serious.. Which IMO it should not.

The voters did elect him, but that does not mean he can do anything he likes with his police force.

Then you claim to be a Police Officer and bad mouth a duly elected official from another County?

When people screw up they should make an apology,if such a wise officer of the law as you, say this was idiotic , then he screwed up, and should apologize.

Now come back and have the last word.

Let me say this Police, Firefighters, and public employees should be very careful about going on public forums, and touting their careers.
Too many times they put themselves in a bad light.

So you took my Post saying that this was no big deal and turned it around , Good move.

itsrequired

I don't ever think I said it was illegal or a violation of criminal law. He can do whatever it is he wants to do with the badge, uniform, and sheriffs vehicles, after all he is the sheriff correct?

That is correct. Just like it's your right to complain and my right to say I think your complaints are going to fall on deaf ears!

I see alot more civil rights violation challenges coming from this though.

Please tell me what civil rights violations stem from this? Is this going to be more of the lies you tell? Like the lie you told about the P.G. cops going to federal prison for pulling over a news reporter!

My favorite part was when he tried to drag Maryland State Police into the fray saying "She was stopped by a trooper." Is this to go to say that she got out of the traffic citation with the trooper perhaps?

Did he say that? I didn't hear anything of the sort. Is this more of you don't have real facts so you will make some up?

I know if I was an attorney,

There is a reason you are not!

This video is a far cry from Mike Evans singing nursery rhymes at a local daycare, or singing along holiday songs at a local school concert, thats a reality.

You can b*tch all you want, but the voters have spoken. Wait four years and maybe some of what you say might actually matter.

itsrequired

He didn't use taxpayer dollars? I suppose the video operators wrote the county a check to pay for the fuel in the vehicles.
Since when are take home vehicles authorized to be used in commercial video's without payment to the county for their use..

When authorized by the sheriff!

Yes Evans authorized it, and the fuel to get them there. That could be construed as unauthorized use by the County----illegal ---and Evans may be forced to make restitution That is if it really got serious.. Which IMO it should not.

And how so? Please explain how this is less authorized than taking a reporter on a ride along. Or sending an officer to a fire house induction. Or any one of the multiple non-police related events cops do all the time? Nice stretch but you can't show me anywhere in the county code or Maryland law which prohibits an elected sheriff from authorizing his staff to participate in a commercial enterprise.

The voters did elect him, but that does not mean he can do anything he likes with his police force.

He can do anything he likes which is not illegal!

Then you claim to be a Police Officer and bad mouth a duly elected official from another County?

Who said he's from another county? Why is it you believe you have freedom of speech but I do not? Are you special?

When people screw up they should make an apology,if such a wise officer of the law as you, say this was idiotic , then he screwed up, and should apologize.

It is idiotic in my opinion. It obviously is not in his!

Now come back and have the last word.

Let me say this Police, Firefighters, and public employees should be very careful about going on public forums, and touting their careers.

So you took my Post saying that this was no big deal and turned it around , Good move.

Wasn't hard.

protectmd

With this kind of stupidity, you can almost guarantee that I may not have to wait another 4 years. These fools do themselves in. I have a feeling between copwatch and civil rights lawyers that they will let this type of law enforcement be handled by the courts and the citizens. You act like Mike Evans won by a landslide, because he didn't.

So lets break down your statement piece by piece shotgun style.

1. My complaints didn't fall on deaf ears you idiot. Calvert County is starting to crawl with fox5 reporters and others who may work their way into this mix. Lets stand by to see who else picks up these concerning stories.

2. In reference to Jack Johnson ordering cops to stop an SUV, are you saying that he didn't go to federal prison, and the cops didn't get sued for that?

3. He did say that she was stopped by a Maryland State Trooper. If you actually read what I wrote, it was an interrogative, asking if she got out of a citation with the trooper because of her looks? Maybe you can answer that because you work in law enforcement (allegedly).

4. If I was an attorney. For all you know, im a retired attorney, or a retired judge, or maybe even a retired cop, paralegal, you never know. Thats the fun of this forum.

5. I can "B*tch" all I want but the voters have spoken. Absolutely, I didn't vote for either of the fools running for office. I frankly don't care who the Sheriff of the county is, provided they do their job, professionally and fairly. This video implies that they are doing their jobs some other way. In a way, your trying to defend him, holding on to some sort of sliver of hope, that the wolves won't descend upon whats left of the "old southern maryland" but you and I both know that they are slowly coming. My "b*tching" is my 1st amendment right, I think its funny when it agitates people who defend this entire culture, ones like yourself.

itsrequired

You act like Mike Evans won by a landslide, because he didn't.

No I don't. I act like he won. 3 times he was elected to that office!

1. My complaints didn't fall on deaf ears you idiot. Calvert County is starting to crawl with fox5 reporters and others who may work their way into this mix. Lets stand by to see who else picks up these concerning stories.

Fox news can't replace Evans. Did you not hear him? He didn't care about their story!

2. In reference to Jack Johnson ordering cops to stop an SUV, are you saying that he didn't go to federal prison, and the cops didn't get sued for that?

That's not what you said! You said ordering people to pull a car over ended in federal prison! Jack Johnson went to jail for bribes!

3. He did say that she was stopped by a Maryland State Trooper. If you actually read what I wrote, it was an interrogative, asking if she got out of a citation with the trooper because of her looks? Maybe you can answer that because you work in law enforcement (allegedly).

It was a a question which speculated on something which was never alluded to. Evans never said the woman got out of a ticket. Your "question" no more valid than asking if the woman killed someone before she shot the video. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

4. If I was an attorney. For all you know, im a retired attorney,

No, I'm certain you are not an attorney, retired or not.

5. I can "B*tch" all I want but the voters have spoken. Absolutely, I didn't vote for either of the fools running for office. I frankly don't care who the Sheriff of the county is, provided they do their job, professionally and fairly. This video implies that they are doing their jobs some other way. In a way, your trying to defend him, holding on to some sort of sliver of hope, that the wolves won't descend upon whats left of the "old southern maryland" but you and I both know that they are slowly coming. My "b*tching" is my 1st amendment right, I think its funny when it agitates people who defend this entire culture, ones like yourself.

Really? Which cop said something which implies that? What did the woman say in the video that indicates the cops did something wrong. Quote it for me will you? :lmao: This will be fun!

Hijinx

Wasn't hard.

I notice you didn't answer this part in red.

LMAO

protectmd

you can't show me anywhere in the county code or Maryland law which prohibits an elected sheriff from authorizing his staff to participate in a commercial enterprise

That maybe true, but it certainly opens up the door if the sheriff endorses a business or product over another business or product. One could say that his favoritism towards a business or entity is a government endorsement of an item or entity, which may result in others dishing out a lawsuit against the business and government. One has to question as to what kinds of kickbacks are being given for said endorsement, and where that money goes. Many people have been prosecuted in the past for accepting gratuities in office.

itsrequired

I notice you didn't answer this part in red.

LMAO

What is there to answer? You say someone should be carefull about going on public forums. I say they should as well if they are representing a police agency. If someone came on here and said they worked for the Metropolitian police department and then gave their opinions about things, they would likely be in a violation of their department's policy. If a D.C. firefighter came on an anonymous forum and said they were a firefighter, they have the same constitutional rights as you do. Like that answer!

itsrequired

That maybe true, but it certainly opens up the door if the sheriff endorses a business or product over another business or product. One could say that his favoritism towards a business or entity is a government endorsement of an item or entity, which may result in others dishing out a lawsuit against the business and government. One has to question as to what kinds of kickbacks are being given for said endorsement, and where that money goes. Many people have been prosecuted in the past for accepting gratuities in office.

If if's and buts were candy and nuts....oh what a party we'd all have!

Do you have anything other than speculation? Facts as to wrong doing perhaps?

protectmd

What is there to answer? You say someone should be carefull about going on public forums. I say they should as well if they are representing a police agency. If someone came on here and said they worked for the Metropolitian police department and then gave their opinions about things, they would likely be in a violation of their department's policy. If a D.C. firefighter came on an anonymous forum and said they were a firefighter, they have the same constitutional rights as you do. Like that answer!

Is that a MPDC policy? I wouldn't know, but you seem to know an awful lot about the District of Columbia policies!

dontknowwhy

here's my decision...
between these threads about the video & the exposure on the news...

the hits to view this video have been great for this girl!!
way to promote your video!!