You know you are a child of the 80's when!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Who had parachute pants? I had to wear them every weekend when I went cruising.....
:eek:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
You had to fight for your right to part----y
I was so in lust with mike D of the Beastie Boys - wearing my cool Madonna tank tops, fru fru skirt with leggings, high top sneakers and all the bangles and chains my arms and neck would hold with my punked out hair lol Those were the days. Remember we invented skateboarding (LOL I tell my friends kid this all the time)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"I wish I was in Tiajuana, eating barbecued iguana..." Mexican Radio!

And Safety Dance - "You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind..."

Puttin' On The Ritz - "Come let's mix where Rockefellers walk with sticks or umbrellas in their mitts...Puttin' on the Ritz..."

Stray Cat Strut - "I don't bother chasin' mice around..."

Or my personal favorite:

"We dance all night doin' the Curly Shuffle, hey Moe, hey Moe, well nyuck nyuck nyuck nyuck..."

My girls are crazy about all that batty 80's music!

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
All my major life transitions seem to have happened in the glorious 80's! Graduated high school in 1980, graduated college in 1984, got married in 1986, had a kid in 1987...

So I can related to most of the original list! But Scooby-Doo is OLDER than the 80's, 'cause I used to watch him as a kid! And I think Smurfette was one REALLY happy Smurf, with all those boy-smurfs around...My daughter loved her Cabbage Patch doll that I had to stand in line at Toys R Us for at Christmastime, when the famous Cabbage Patch rush of the 80's happened...

Devo rules! (Remember the Devo video with the red "layer cake" hats?) I LOVED Elvis Costello, too, and Eurythmics...and don't forget Men at Work and Boy George and the Culture Club! (Karma Chameleon drove us all nuts on the radio...)

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
I was pretty young during the 80's (was born in 1978) but I remember a lot of that stuff. I think my mom still has my Smurf sheets somewhere...

What about Belinda Carlisle? Debbie Gibson? Samantha Fox?

mrs potts

Loved the show! Remember the after-school specials? They were on for an hour usually from 4 - 5pm?

And the feather thingy with the clip that you could put in your hair!

butterfly

And remember the barettes that you would weave ribbon through? What about the beads you twisted together and clipped around your neck?

What happened to them monogramed sweaters?

:p :p :p

SxyPrincess

I LOVE DEVO!!! Whip it, whip it good! :spank: :lol:

....and Annie Lennox :D and don't forget the movie Purple Rain. Prince was so SEXY in that movie. :yum:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Katie
I remember Strawberry Shortcake...I had a nightgown and all the dolls. My friends and I would play with them during lunch time.

I probably shouldn't admit this but my strawberry shortcake stuff was the stuff I couldn't bear to get rid of. It's all still in my parent's attick. The dolls, the strawberry house, a couple METAL lunch boxes, and I'm sure much more.:roflmao:

K

Katie

Originally posted by pixiegirl

I probably shouldn't admit this but my strawberry shortcake stuff was the stuff I couldn't bear to get rid of. It's all still in my parent's attick. The dolls, the strawberry house, a couple METAL lunch boxes, and I'm sure much more.:roflmao:

There is nothing wrong with still having that stuff it is part of your childhood. I still have my 3 cabbage patch kids, granted they are in a closet but I still have them.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Hey Pixie – you might wanna hold onto the Strawberry Shortcake stuff! It'll probably be a "collector's item" one day! LOL!

Lilly

The Original Lilly
More '80s Memories . . .

Here's a few more . . . sorry if any of these are repeats . . .

~You solved the Rubics cube.....by peeling off the
stickers
~You owned a pound puppie
~You can sing the rap to "the Fresh Prince of
Bel-Air"
~You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club
and tried to start a club of your own. (amen)
~You know what 'Whoa' means from Blossom (and had a major crush on Joey)
~Three words: M.C. Hammer
~You thought it would be great to have a friend named "boner"
~You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales"
~If you played the chipmunks Christmas album all year long!
~The crypt keeper really freaked you out
~Remember reading Kool-Aid man comics and collecting the points
~You ever watched Fraggle Rock and know what doozers do
~You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen
~You thought Vanilla Ice was totally cool
~You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school (hell yeah!! hahaha)
~You wanted to change your name to Jem in Kindergarten but then later decided that you liked the Misfits better!
~You identified with Ramona!
~You remember the craze, and then banning of slap bracelets
~You still get the urge to use "NOT" at the end of every statement you make
~You loved Howard the duck
~You thought Sheera and He-man should hook up
~Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band
~You ever owned a pair of Jelly Shoes
~After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you couldn't stop saying "I know you are but what am I?"
~You remember "I've fallen...and I can't get up!"
~You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates
~You ever got seriously injured on a slip and slide
~You know why not to mix poprocks and soda
~Saved by the Bell was one of your favorite shows
~You learned oldies songs by watching Alvin and the Chipmunks
~You slept with a Glow Worm.
~You remember dancing along with the Bangles in "Walk Like An Egyptian" and that “Girls Just Want To Have Fun”.
~If you remember Heathcliff the orange cat
~You saw the California Raisins Christmas claymation special
~You remember Popples
~DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!!!!!!!! !!!!!
~You wore 8 pairs of socks scrunched down over tights with high-top Reeboks
~You remember thinking that CD players would never catch on.
~You knew what it meant to say: "Care bear stare!!" and you had a favorite
~You remember Rainbow Bright and convinced your Mom you were sick so that you could stay home and watch My Little Pony Tales
~You remember watching TV thinking Doogie Howser! was hot!
~You remember Alf, the little furry brown alien from Malmac before he was on 1-800-COLLECT commercials
~You remember Vicky the Robot
~You remember Eve Garland from Out of this World and
how she could stop time by pressing the tips of her index fingers
together and talking to her dad through a glowing cube in her bedroom
~You remember the beginning of New Kids on the Block

Anyone ever play Manhunt? - that was our favorite game! We played every night of the week in the summer!

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: More '80s Memories . . .

Originally posted by Lilly
Here's a few more . . . sorry if any of these are repeats . . .
~You know what 'Whoa' means from Blossom (and had a major crush on Joey)

They stole that from Fonzie in Happy Days..a 70s show...lol

K

Katie

Re: More '80s Memories . . .

Originally posted by Lilly
~You identified with Ramona!
[/B]

I almost forgot about those books. The book Ramona the Great I think it was in when she barfed all over the place. I DID in 4th grade. I thought I was going die of embrassment.