You Must Get a 5 Star Review

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
NJ restaurants go viral for threatening workers with ‘5 star’ review policy

Two New Jersey chain restaurants found themselves in hot water after photos went viral of an employee notice that stated workers were required to earn online reviews of “five stars” in order to keep their jobs.
Both Tio Taco and Tequila Bar along with Tommy’s Tavern and Tap — owned by Triple T Hospitality Group — have found themselves at the mercy of the internet since the threatening memo from Tio’s Edison location went viciously viral on Reddit Friday.
“Every service employee for FOH is required to get a minimum of 5 Google reviews per month to remain employed at the Edison location starting February 2022,” the post stated. (FOH refers to those employees who work in the front of the house, such as a waiter or hostess.)

OccamsRazor

"We will have monthly Google review contests each month..."

Good thing. I would have thought the monthly google reviews would be done weekly!

Whoever wrote and edited this needs a 1-star Google review.

Reactions: rio

CPUSA

I see an opportunity for a cottage industry to pop up and leave five star reviews for a fee.
It'll probably do better than your prison hooch market.
Question: why don't you advertise your crap wine on here? Don't you think we'd enjoy it?

HemiHauler

It'll probably do better than your prison hooch market.
Question: why don't you advertise your crap wine on here? Don't you think we'd enjoy it?

LOL, it’s not my business. It’s my wife’s business. And she runs a wine import business, not a retail business. Consumer-facing web sites such as this aren’t where an importer would typically advertise.

Tool.

Clem72

LOL, it’s not my business. It’s my wife’s business. And she runs a wine import business, not a retail business. Consumer-facing web sites such as this aren’t where an importer would typically advertise.

Tool.

I think you underestimate how much CPUSA can drink.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Turns out it was just one of the AMs who posted it without corporate approval.

But still.

Hey NJ? This is why they don't let you people pump your own gas.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Lowe's wants us to ask every customer for a 10 on the receipt surveys.
Once in a while I'll remind a customer of the survey and ask for their honest opinion, good or bad.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Lowe's wants us to ask every customer for a 10 on the receipt surveys.
Sounds like a new thing to do. I got the same spiel from a haircut, and at a couple of Cracker Barrels when I was traveling. Not shy at all for asking for a 10 whether they deserve it or not.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not shy at all for asking for a 10 whether they deserve it or not.

A co-worker did that on their performance evaluation one year. PM asked me why I thought I should rate myself like that. I told him I didn't. Oopsie! He grabbed the wrong file. We both agreed that other person did not rate that high, but did agree on how I rated myself. :lol: