You Want Money?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
.....ok. I've got a job for you.

11 yr old grandson asked for money to spend on a video game. I told him I wasn't giving him money, but he could earn some. And I'd get him a gift card for the video game with half his earnings, half cash to save for another use.

I hate cleaning the inside of my car. And I love cheap labor.

0227221235a_HDR~2.jpg

my-thyme

Patron
For his first time, he did a really good job. And when he'd call me out there to show me he was done, I'd point out things he missed and he got right after them. Then we agreed on extra payment for washing the mats.

We really need to work on tools away and clean up after you're done.

He was busy for over 2 hrs, said it felt like 30 minutes. And was happy with his pay. AND he agreed to do it once a month. AND thinks maybe mom and great-grandma will hire him too.....

I love to see young people work.

my-thyme

Patron
Haha. The T-Rex belongs to the 4 yr old. He had zero interest in helping clean the truck - money isn't a draw for him - yet!

my-thyme

Patron
I'm gonna teach him to ride the lawnmower this summer. I still laugh remembering my 8 yr old going round and round the yard, singing at the top of his lungs, trying to be louder than the mower.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The grade school where I went to Kindergarten and 1st was across the street from my grandparents' shoe shop. Papa D'Orazio put me to work after my 1st day of Kindergarten, which was ll day. He paid me the handsome sum of a nickel a week to sweep off the front stoop.

He'd give it to me on Friday and I run down the block to Mr. Pudgie's Variety Store, and get 6 pieces of penny candy for my nickel. On my birthday the if Friday was close to a Holiday, Mr. Pudgie would double my candy.