You Will Love This One ! It is way too close for comfort!

glhs837

Power with Control
Shall I not get you started on "the prison industrial complex"? :jet:

I might be in favor of ditching flashing yellow lights. Yellow to warn you it's getting to turn red, sure. But the flashing yellow light is an invitation for dummies to plow head first into oncoming traffic. Intellectually they must know that it means yield because they got it on their driving test, but I'm thinking the part of the brain that stores that information dumps the second they walk out of the DMV. If the intersection needs a traffic light, just do it. Don't make it iffy because a significant number of our fellow motorists don't have good judgment.

Nah, I don't sweat that too much. I think we dont punish criminals enough as it is.

The tech to use sensing and real time control and not need flashing yellows exists, but its taking a while to roll out. US has over 300,000 signalized intersections operated by over 15,000 different entities. One problem is that to really get into it, its going to require cameras and sensors that have a great potential for govt misuse. Real "Person of Interest " stuff.