You Win! Maryland Drivers do Suck!

K

Kain99

More than 5,000 licensed drivers between the ages of 16 and 65 were administered a 20-question written test designed to measure basic knowledge about traffic laws and safety. They were also surveyed about their general driving habits.

Drivers in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic states did worst. Twenty percent of test-takers failed there.

The state of Rhode Island leads the nation in driver cluelessness, according to the survey. The average test score there was 77, just eight points above a failing grade.

We really are bad drivers :ohwell:

44. Maryland -- 79.8

44. Washington, D.C, -- 79.8

44. New York -- 79.8

47. New Jersey -- 78.3

48. Massachusetts -- 77.2

49. Rhode Island -- 77.0

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
All you need to do is look at all the idiots driving after dark and in the rain without lights on to know there are a lot of clueless people on the road.
Don't get me started on the ones that need 4 clear lanes to turn right :burning:

Vince

Maryland Drivers are taught that it's OK:

To pass on the right.

It's Ok to make wide turns and cross the line with a Honda Accord.

It's OK to tailgate someone.

It's OK to cut someone off.

It's Ok to make a left turn in front of someone that's going straight.

It's OK to do whateverthehell you want because that's the way your stupid azz parents taught you.

Triggerfish

Kain99 said:
44. Maryland -- 79.8

44. New York -- 79.8

47. New Jersey -- 78.3

49. Rhode Island -- 77.0

MD tied for 3rd to the last place with NY, DC, and NY. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kain99 said:
Maryland Drivers do Suck!
And 99% of the sucky drivers are in Montgomery County. We just went to Rockville to order the girls' bridesmaid dresses and I swear the second we got out of Frederick County it was every man for himself.

There was the girl who cut me off, then slowed down to 40. Then the guy who jumped alongside me at 40, effectively boxing me in so I couldn't even pass her to make my exit.

Several people tried to change lanes, only to find at the last second that the space they wanted to occupy already had a car in it.

Speeds varied from 90mph down to 30mph, all on the same stretch of road.

There was the guy having a fit because he was in a convertible, stopped at a red light, and the tree junk was blowing all over the place.

Then there was the moron in Trader Joe's parking lot that didn't realize pedestrians have the right of way and sped up to try and hit us.

My daughter says, "Don't tell me, let me guess: this is a blue county, isn't it?" :lmao:

Yes, Alex, Monkey County is a blue county. :lol:

K

Kizzy

vraiblonde said:
Several people tried to change lanes, only to find at the last second that the space they wanted to occupy already had a car in it.

Did they do the "sorry, I had my head up my ass wave?"

:lol:

Not that I have ever had to do one of those waves. :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

Vince

Kizzy said:
Did they do the "sorry, I had my head up my ass wave?"

:lol:

Not that I have ever had to do one of those waves. :whistle:
You mean: cup one hand, turn it upside down, insert closed fist into cupped hand and pull with a downward motion? That's "get your head out of your azz" isn't it?
:shocking:

K

Kizzy

Vince said:
You mean: cup one hand, turn it upside down, insert closed fist into cupped hand and pull with a downward motion? That's "get your head out of your azz" isn't it?
:shocking:

Yes, but "sorry, I had my head up my ass" is a friendly wave like "yes, I am the MF idiot."

:killingme

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Kain99 said:
More than 5,000 licensed drivers between the ages of 16 and 65 were administered a 20-question written test designed to measure basic knowledge about traffic laws and safety. They were also surveyed about their general driving habits.

Drivers in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic states did worst. Twenty percent of test-takers failed there.

The state of Rhode Island leads the nation in driver cluelessness, according to the survey. The average test score there was 77, just eight points above a failing grade.

We really are bad drivers :ohwell:

44. Maryland -- 79.8

44. New York -- 79.8

47. New Jersey -- 78.3

49. Rhode Island -- 77.0
If we are such bad drivers why is our state per capita death rate the 12th lowest in the nation and the 5 states with the lowest rates are all north eastern states (position 6 is a tie between New Hampshire and Washington)? Do these perceived bad drivers have less severe accidents then the supposed good drivers?

C

CapsFan

They must have polled PG, Montgomery, and Charles Co's I hate driving in these Co's